• It's not possible to change captain

Archj
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

If I clear my captain list and setup a new one, it has NO actual effect on the gameplay. Visually it looks fine, the list is updated. But internally, the game doesn't respect the list, the captain and vice captain is locked to the pre-existing list. If you clear the list, save and reload, the original list reappears. Please see the steps to reproduce, it's very simple.

This is a pretty huge bug, it's not fun to be forced to play with a captain no one likes and not being able to do anything about it!

• Steps To Reproduce:
      1. Start a new game at any club

2. Clear the captain list. Notice that you are asked for confirmation for removing the captain and the vice captain.

3. Setup some new random captains.

4. Save and reload.

5. Clear the captain list again. Notice that you are NOT asked for confirmation this time.

6. Save and reload again without selecting anyone as captain.

7. The original captain and vice captain has now reappeared!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I've also noticed that often you'll change captain but when you view the squad in Personal view, the players all reference the previous captain.

Probably the same root issue as OP but manifesting itself in two different screens. 

4 hours ago, passenger58 said:

I've also noticed that often you'll change captain but when you view the squad in Personal view, the players all reference the previous captain.

Probably the same root issue as OP but manifesting itself in two different screens. 

Yes, this is how I became aware of the problem. You can also see that the wrong captain is used in matches.