• Defenders running up the pitch unnecessarily and defensive line pushing high despite instructions

Mediocre_Jake
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Need More Info

Description of issue

I am having issues where my central defender in a defence of 3 is running up the pitch, past the midfielders and past the ball too and just sitting in an attacking role. I have uploaded a video by the title of 'Football Manager 2023 2022-10-21 11-55-35.mp4'

I have also uploaded my save file 'Jaeya Yoon - Incheon.fm'

This also seems to coincide with the defensive line sitting too far up the pitch, even with the 'Drop Off More' instruction.

I will also attach an image of my tactics, but I don't think it is related to that.

Screenshot_1872.png

Screenshot_1873.png

Screenshot_1874.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have the same issue on my save.

32 league games, only 5 clean sheets in the championship. I have Semi Ajayi, Nathan Phillips (Loan) & Micheal Keane (Loan) - All top championship defenders. I've tried 4-4-2 (standard), 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1. I'm dominating most games, winning only 1-0 or 2-0 though after usually 15-25 shots & then late in the game around 60-80mins my defenders go wandering up pitch & they simple put a through ball/or ball over the top past my defence and score, Equalling or losing the game.