• Half Backs constantly out of position during counter attacks

Zaidu
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

This has happened to me in two different save files, and three different teams.

When using a lone DM as the Half Back role, on defensive situations, the DM is constantly roaming from in front of the CBs. This causes this type of goal to be extremely common:

image.thumb.png.a0d3e04a1d4308c5ce4c14c565d21344.png

Description of the print above:

Portugal (Green shorts) are defending against South Korea (All red kits). The ball was pumped to Jeong down the line. Cancelo ran to the ball to prevent the cross, while the CBs Pepe and Ruben Dias are sitting in front of the GK, marking no one. Danilo Pereira is the Player sitting in the box alone, marking no one, while Son, the AF running into the penalty spot at the edge of the box, is currently completely unmarked by anyone. The cross comes in and Son is completely alone for the easy goal, despite there being three diferent players who are supposed to be marking the zone he is running into.

Here is a video of the goal: https://streamable.com/dpgvt5

This has happened constantly, both to the team I'm managing, as well as in my advantage. The CBs and DMs have world class attributes, and should not fall to this trap as often as it happens.

Consistent behavior for players like Saliba, Ben White, Gabriel Magalhaes, Partey, Koopmeiners, Xhaka at Arsenal, Hummels, Schotterbeck, Sule, Bellingham, Emre Can, Ozkan at Dortmund, and now with the Portuguese Ruben Dias, Pepe and Danilo.

It is not a fitness issue, as this can happen at any time during the match.

Print of the tactics at work during this goal:

image.png.f4d77ae72091f04ae0779253ed484345.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Here is another example from Dortmund vs Porto, the Pepe goal for the 1-3

Half Back Jude Bellingham is on taremi on the throwin, RB Singo in on Evanilson, in his correct position:
    image.png.b112626871ea39d5a8d23468eb98aae0.png

Mind, Jude has no reason to be marking Taremi there, as I did not put any specific man marking instructions. I was using a 4-3-3. The midfield was Jude as DM and Ozcan and Emre Can as the other CMs.

If anyone should be there, it should be Ozcan, as he was the RCM.

After two passes, Pepe cut inside and is open in the space where Bellingham should be:

image.png.fcbd8e5d37d34a15bac949a62ce9abd3.png

In the middle of four, he has time to turn around, take three touches and shoot, no pressure made:

image.png.de91788f14353c9b468de1957616bf63.png

PKM: Borussia Dortmund v FC Porto.pkm

Edited by Zaidu