• IF/IW not cutting inside and not making any dribble attempt

GOODNAME
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I dont know what do add here

But before that patch i saw some dribbles of the IF/IW 

After the patch its gone, just like FM22.. the most beautiful thing in the ME is gone again 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

So the new winter patch is about 2-3 weeks from now

Can anyone among the mods can confirm to us if there will be any change in the ME in this section? 

Thanks in advance 

It wasn't just FM 22, it was 21 and 20 and I think 19 too? There's been some really bad match engines over the years but these 3 have been the least enjoyable editions of the game I have played for a very long time and I've been playing since CM 01/02.

It's not just the iw/if role in general, it's crossing. Even wingers will avoid an.amazing opportunity to cross a ball and stop dead on the bi line and pass it back.

I actually liked the match engine in the BETA and going forward but the same old boring bugs seem to show their heads again. Since about December, I am about 4 seasons in and I just do not understand how this issue can be a thing FIVE years into the development cycle. The longer the save goes on the less my desire is to load up my save and continue.

You WILL lose customers over this.

4 hours ago, Passion Fruit said:

It wasn't just FM 22, it was 21 and 20 and I think 19 too? There's been some really bad match engines over the years but these 3 have been the least enjoyable editions of the game I have played for a very long time and I've been playing since CM 01/02.

It's not just the iw/if role in general, it's crossing. Even wingers will avoid an.amazing opportunity to cross a ball and stop dead on the bi line and pass it back.

I actually liked the match engine in the BETA and going forward but the same old boring bugs seem to show their heads again. Since about December, I am about 4 seasons in and I just do not understand how this issue can be a thing FIVE years into the development cycle. The longer the save goes on the less my desire is to load up my save and continue.

You WILL lose customers over this.

To be honest the IF and W were good in FM 21

In FM 22 the IF were pure trash, and in FM 23 its slightly better but still.. 

This post and the older one have multiple examples and PKM's, but i have zero faith 

On 08/02/2023 at 19:59, GOODNAME said:

In FM 22 the IF were pure trash,

Not just IF -- IWs were pretty bad.  In the tactic I used I looked for attacking playmakers with two strong feet to play that role, because physical dribblers didn't leverage their attributes.  The best use of IWs I found was to put them on support with a Stay Wider instruction and have them act as wide players for underlapping midfield runners.

The movements of fm21's inside forward and inverted winger were the best.

At 21, we basically tried to dribble inside when the wingers got the ball.

But on 22 and 23, he just runs to the end line and crosses or backpasses.

This should be fixed via a patch.