• Players completely lost in multiple situations (poor defending and poor finishing)

mrRadosny
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

Two matches with a lot of stupid mistakes listed below. Generally, my impression is defenders are very reactive and only start tracking back when attackers get the ball. They also loose track of the opposition players too easily even when they are right in front of them. On the other side of the pitch, strikers don't seem to really understand how much space and time they have. I know mistakes happen, but on purpose I played with quite good teams and there seems to be a lot of them, and even players like Salah just shoot at sight of goal where IRL I feel he would always look for a calm, technical finish in such situation

I also wanted to raise one concern for which I don't have a PKM currently (will add if I get one obviously), but seen it earlier and in previous editions as well. Just please look at the logic for such situations or if anyone raised this, I'd like to give +1 for the priority.. From time to time, a player pressed in the wide areas in the final third plays a ridiculous long pass right back to the defenders or even the goalie. Never seen players doing this, if there is no player near to play back to and you're so close to goal, players will either try to dribble into the box or a random cross.

match1:

2:35 - Weird shot from Diaz, looked like he'll try to control the ball with his chest (which seemed sensible) but then he did this unnatural little nod-header

4:00 - Strange behaviour from Konate. First he jogs back really slow, then accelerates and tracks Jesus, but suddenly turns and just lets him go..

27:30 - Zinchenko positioning is outrageous.. at the same time Saliba and Gabriel just don't care and push forward even though they should see him. After the long ball, especially Saliba doesn't seem to sprint toward the ball to at least try deny Nunez, it really seems to easy to go through the defence again

39:55 - When Salah gets the ball, Gabriel should surely rush to put any pressure on him.. instead he steps back. On the other hand, Salah shot looked like he didn't see this space around him at all. I feel strikers seem very panicked most of the time and rush shots too often

match2:

12:10 - Matip has a ton of time and space, Bissouma is right in front of him so he should be aware, and he just runs blindly into him and gives the ball away

77:18 - Penalty going near the post, saved with legs. Don't think I ever saw something like this IRL

82:10 - Carvalho passes to the keeper. He had loads of time, seems strange. Offside was only given later

94:20 - Firmino freezes completely until Ben White takes the ball from him

match1.pkm match2.pkm

User Feedback

Recommended Comments