• the defender keeps losing balls

uçankaya
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Resolved

Description of issue

the defender is constantly losing turnovers and scoring like this all the time and it's very often

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Same here, defenders keep losing the ball in build up multiple times a game regarless of team and/or player instructions/roles. 

See clip attached below where my CB on BPD(D) has 3 simple passing options while being 'pressed' by 1 opponent, he of course ends up losing the ball costing me to concede a silly goal. In the same game this happened an additional 2-3 times (not resulting in a goal tho luckily so I don't have the clips) despite me changing all player roles to CB(D) and putting all CBs full backs and my DM on 'play it safer'.

>> EDIT/UPDATE: The problem seems to be solved somewhat 2-3 matches on after turning off 'play out from the back' and changing player roles for my CBs to "no nonsense defender" although the issue does persist for FBs dwelling on the ball and losing possession in build up. <<

For a game that is all about setting up your tactics, which is one of the few things you control, it is incredibly disappointing that you are forced to alter your playing style and philosophy bc of the match engine/AI. I am forced to set up my team like Sean Dyche when I wanna play like Pep. I would appreciate a fix as this really takes out the fun out of the game.

Edited by oguymafia

2 hours ago, oguymafia said:

Same here, defenders keep losing the ball in build up multiple times a game regarless of team and/or player instructions/roles. 

See clip attached below where my CB on BPD(D) has 3 simple passing options while being 'pressed' by 1 opponent, he of course ends up losing the ball costing me to concede a silly goal. In the same game this happened an additional 2-3 times (not resulting in a goal tho luckily so I don't have the clips) despite me changing all player roles to CB(D) and putting all CBs full backs and my DM on 'play it safer'.

>> EDIT/UPDATE: The problem seems to be solved somewhat 2-3 matches on after turning off 'play out from the back' and changing player roles for my CBs to "no nonsense defender" although the issue does persist for FBs dwelling on the ball and losing possession in build up. <<

For a game that is all about setting up your tactics, which is one of the few things you control, it is incredibly disappointing that you are forced to alter your playing style and philosophy bc of the match engine/AI. I am forced to set up my team like Sean Dyche when I wanna play like Pep. I would appreciate a fix as this really takes out the fun out of the game.

i already reported many bugs in losing ball, horrible defending, set pieces... we hope that they will be fix till full game release...

• Administrators

We've made some changes in previous updates which we hope will have made this aspect of the ME better. Do let us know if you continue to encounter it.