• Adding youth players to training unit - they still don't pop up on the "add players" list when you want to put them in a mentoring group

danej
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

As described in the title.

This was also a problem throughout FM22. Still hasn't been fixed I see.

See example on the picture. I moved AaB player Kasper Høgh (aged around 21) to one of the reserve side. Later found out that I would like to put him in a mentoring group. I added him to the offensive training unit (belonging to the first team of course). He still doesn't pop up as a choice when trying to add him to a given mentoring group.

In other words: Only players in the first team squad are available on the "add player" function. Adding reserve team players to a unit doesn't work and hasn't for at least a year. I recall that I probably worked on FM21. In any case it doesn't work on FM23 and neither did it work throughout FM22.

image.thumb.png.a06cf405d5ec0650ba1e6cb7000663d3.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, this is intended behaviour. Mentor groups are only for players in the same squad rather than just in same training unit. Think of it as their off field relationship in dressing room, and when travelling to matches, rather than actually in training sessions.

1 hour ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, this is intended behaviour. Mentor groups are only for players in the same squad rather than just in same training unit. Think of it as their off field relationship in dressing room, and when travelling to matches, rather than actually in training sessions.

But in that case there still seems to be an error, just another one.

You can add non-first team members to training units. Although you can't manually pick those non-first team players for mentoring groups, they still pop up if you ask your assistant to put together mentoring groups. And then you can most often fiddle around with things, switch the desired into the group where one or two of the non-first team players are. From what you say, it is unintentional that this is possible.