• Ground Maintenance - stupidly high costs

JaseMcnotty
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I'll try to recap the facts as I remember them. I'll include the latest save as well

I gained promotion with Dartford from VNS to VNL in England

The board added a few thousand (standing) capacity to the stadium. While the work was being done, we rented/shared the ground of Dagenham (Victoria Road)

The work took from July to December roughly (same year). Ground maintenance costs went through the roof during this time, around £5m a month.

I added a sugar daddy in the editor before starting the save, otherwise I'd have died long ago.

In the Facilities section it now says "Rent £65m", where before there was nothing listed for rent (we owned it).

Once the work was complete, we moved back to our regular ground, but my "Youth Stadium" still says Victoria Road (Dag's ground), whereas before it said the same as the senior team. My ground maintenance costs are still £5m a month, in April now, long moved back to our regular ground.

Assuming it's a bug, the possible reasons could be:

• Youth Stadium did not get reset to the regular senior ground when renovation works completed.. so we're still (and probably always will be) paying rent for our youth teams.
    • Stadium Rent did not get reset correctly when works completed, if it's just a single field in the database.
    • Something changed regarding the ownership of the regular stadium (unlikely though)

.. slight side-bug: what kind of lunatic board of directors agreed to £65m pa to rent a 6k capacity stadium for a few games a month.. i'm not hosting Taylor Swift dontyerknow

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Quick follow up.

It does look like an stadium ownership problem.

Checked an earlier save:

Nothing mentioned about Rent in Facilities

"Club Owned By" says "Dartford"

Since the problem started, there is Rent £65m, and it says "Owned By" (not Club Owned By) "Council"

This must have changed during the initial renovation works.

Effectively, we gave the Council our stadium so they could add 2000 standing capacity, and have them charge us £5m a month rent... I'm guessing they're not gonna give it back.