• TV Money and Prize Money

Dominic10
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Open

Description of issue

Hi,

This is not a bug per se. Just a question how exactly the financial dynamics work in terms of TV-Money and Prize Money and how they are intertwined.

Because just looking at the figures, it seems like there is a discrepancy between German leagues and other leagues in Europe.

- The 1st place Bundesliga team receives £92.972m, and even the last place team receives £26.109m.

- Similar for the 2. Bundesliga: The 1st Placed Team gets £15.215m. (For example, that’s more than the 1st placed Serie A team gets in prize money.)

- In the Premier League, the richest league in the world, the 1st place team "only" receives £38.625m.

(Last placed £1.931m).

- In Ligue 1 the champions receive £16.763m & the last place team gets £1.781m.

- In Serie A the champions receive £15.173m & the last place team gets £0.345m.

- As far as I have seen, LaLiga clubs don’t receive any Prize Money at all.

Since there is no official Bundesliga Prize Money in reality, I assume those figures are supposed to represent the TV-Money the teams receive for finishing in position x .

And after some digging I’ve seen that every PL club receives a guaranteed £80.422m in something called "Initial TV Money".

That figure was taken from the FM-Editor and going to Advanced Rules to find it. But the PL seems to be the only division that has it set at all.

Greetings and Thanks

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.