• AI awful squad management

abcdf
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

AI managers criteria when they pick their starting eleven/bench players is too heavily based on reputation a current ability. They will always favour players with high reputation/CA with respect to other factors. Why is this problematic?

Firstly because this is completely unrealistic, and secondly because it hurts the development of young players. Many managers in real life give a chance to their youngsters even if their CA/reputation is obviously lower than the team average. In FM they do not, even if it would clearly be sensible to play them and develop their qualities instead of some 35yr old dude next to retirement.

Think about Gavi or Pedri. A situation like theirs would never be happening in game. They were given the chance to play first team football since they were 16-17. I have never seen a 16 or 17 in FM having a CA/reputation in line with Barca's first team, therefore in order for managers to pick them they would have to consider factor OTHERS than just reputation/CA, such as potential ability. This is clearly not happening in game.

And it is, in my opionion, another reason (together with AI not offering/loaning youngsters) why player development becomes severely problematic in longer term saves, and you see teams filled with older players. This happens because youngsters are NEVER given a chance to play first team, especially in bigger teams where clearly an higher reputation/CA is needed to be even considered in the team's rotation by the AI. So they just end up rusting on the sides of the team, not being loaned and not getting first team football.

You made it more difficult to develop youngsters since FM22, but you did not improve the AI in order for it to be able to handle this increased difficulty in an efficient way. Right now the situation is pretty much game breaking in my opinion

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, thank you for taking the time to post.

This is a known issue we're aware of and currently investigating.

Unfortunately they're many more factors to consider not just reputation/current ability.

Rest assured we're looking into this.

I second this argument and in fact come with my own example. I had a good youngster coming through the academy and purchased by Tottenham when he was starting to develop quite good.
    Now he sits in their U21 squad while they have this 29 year on the bench. Game breaking AI logic.

Why is the 29 year old in their main squad and the 18 year old with clearly much more potential in their u21?

image.thumb.png.606e0a1b5eae62e2abc5f5c8fa8f1738.png

image.png

6 ore fa, Zachary Whyte ha scritto:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to post.

This is a known issue we're aware of and currently investigating.

Unfortunately they're many more factors to consider not just reputation/current ability.

Rest assured we're looking into this.

Thank you, we'll wait for updates on the matter then