• Can't register new signings - Free Agent Player

Dhirvish
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Resolved

Description of issue

After the January window I signed a FA (EFL 2).  I initiated the contract offer during the "transfer day" countdown and left open 1 spot on my squad as I anticipated he'd be joining me in a week or so.  He joined me, I went to registration, and it allowed me to "check button" him, but it would not let me "confirm" at the bottom.  I saved the game, went to the next day, saw he was still unregistered, searched and found this thread, quit my game, reloaded and he is magically registered now.

When I reloaded the NEXT save, he was then back to un-registered.  So, if someone has a fix for this, I'd be greatly appreciative.  Iirc there should be an option when I sign him (in the Inbox) to register from there, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Registration1.jpg

Registration2.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

HI @Zachary Whyte

I've seen from another post of the same issue for the same team (Wrexham) back in November (except he was at EFL1 not EFL2 like I am), and that it took about a month to resolve the issue, so I know it's resolvable.  Will that be the case with mine?  Just looking for a general window so I know if I have to go find a long-term game to play in the meantime.

The FA player in question that I brought onboard my team related to this error is now arguably the best player on my team.  I won't be able to play him in anything but cup matches because of this error for the next 6 months in this save, which means he'll get upset with me and make it very hard to manage him, assuming he doesn't outright demand to leave.  He may also significantly tank in ability b/c his last team shorted him on playing time too. 

This all means I basically can't play the team I've put about 150-200 hours into.  I've done plenty of QA/Scrum, so I get you've got a ticket flow & officially don't promise to fix prior to subsequent release/fix windows, but if anyone can raise the priority on this, it's equivalent to a crashed non-functioning game for me.

Thanks,

-Dhirvish