• cant request new stadium

Drago_zgb
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

currently playing in premier league, won promotions from vanarama south/north division.

in last 2 season won PL both times, and now even won UCL.

original stadium was around 3900 seats. When i got promoted to championship i got new stadium to meet rules.

my new stadium has 14 884 seats. It was full every game since it was open. And while it was building, i played at rented place (around 23-25k seats) - and even there stadium was full every game.

it has been 4-5 years now since i moved to the new stadium. and i dont even have an option to expand or build new stadium.

Club is always in takeover process, i mean constantly, and thus my 5 year plan is always altered. One time, chairman stepped aside and apointed new chairman, but club wasnt bought, just changed person in charge.

Every time someone wants to buy the club it get quashed, and i am left with message 'chairman is looking  to sell the club, so our 5-year plan is altered'. and every frickin time club is not bought.

and i still cant even request for stadium change. it is riddiciluos. my save is getting ruined, because playing in premier league, challenging for both PL and UCL, having 200-300+ mil in the bank, and still playing at crappy 14k capacity ...

pls tell me something other than 'be patient and wait for club to be sold', cus i am waiting fot that for more than 6 seasons now -.-

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

In terms of a 'new' stadium there is a limit in time before you can request the board to build a new one. In terms of improvements, it's won't be as long, so worth uploading your save game and letting us know the file name so we can check and see what the current status is. Details on how to do so here - https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/instructions-and-notes/how-to-upload-files-to-us-r98/

Thanks. 

yeah, i know, ussualy it takes every 6-9 months before i can even request new one (or even expand it) - experince from other saves and in every FM before this one. But i dont have the option to request it for 4-5 years now already.

file has been uploaded under name : Drago Grabovac - Farsley.fm

hope to get answer or some fix soon, thank you

• Administrators

Looks like the expansion capacity was set to what the stadium's current max capacity is, so will require further investigation. 

This can be set initially due to a number of factors (catchment area, local facilities/wealth/fan interest etc). In the Yorkshire/Humberside area there are already a number of successful clubs with existing large fanbases, which is why it was probably a relatively small initial build. But appreciate given the success of the club since it's exploded in popularity somewhat. 

• Administrators

If you do happen to have a save game from around the point the original 'new' stadium was approved that would also be helpful in allowing us to investigate this in more detail. Appreciate you may not, but if you do please upload and let us know the file name. Thanks. 

unfortunately i dont have old save file.

I understand that location of club/town plays role in this, alongside with fanbase etc. But how so i had filled 20-25k capacity seasons ago, even before i moved to new ground. And it was before i got worlwide reputation. And now it plays factor in requesting new ground.

So it doesnt have connection with waiting for new owners or it does? i thought when club gets new owner, i would be able to request new stadium. but it is frustrating to be in takeover talks for years and it never happens.