• Game Now Unplayable - Runs So Slowly

BarryChuckle87
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Need More Info

Description of issue

Hi,

I recently bought FM23 as well as a new gaming laptop.

The game worked well for the first week/10 days but It was so slow when I clicked on the app today. Tried loading my save but it's crawling and cannot play as it's so slow.

Does anyone know why this is the case? Is this an FM issue or an issue with my Laptop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi Zachary,

Many thanks for the reply. 

Attempting to change the resolution and the prompt -  --disable_flip_discard meant the the game froze on start up.

Not sure what else to do tbh?

• Administrators

Hi, we're still investigating this issue. I unfortunately can't give you any exact timeframe on when an update will be released.

For the time being, 

Bringing down your render scale slider down to 75% (in preferences) can help.
    If you are an Nvidia user - In the Nvidia Control Panel -> turn on threaded-optimization and disable v-sync.
    In your save, we recommend reducing the number of recruitment focuses you have running.

Thank you.

I've experienced this same problem since 5th of January, i wasnt even able to create new saves as the game would crash while "finding manager targets", the way i "fixed" it was by removing .fmf files from the Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2023 directory such as shortlists, tactics and views. This allowed me to create new saves that are running smoothly like the old ones used to. The old saves where i had the problems are still unplayable due to the lag.