• German (Hanover) II team isn't assigning a captain, or vice captain, and has no squad hierarchy.

DJ0045
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Open

Description of issue

I'm assuming this is a bug, and not a feature.  Basically, I've tried pretty much everything including giving full control of the squad to my II team head coach.  Nobody is being promoted to captain, I can't choose one myself (this probably is correct), and nobody is getting any higher level in the squad.

This is very bad, as it completely eliminates the ability to make useful mentoring groups within that team, and the team has no internal leadership.  I'm not sure how much that really matters, from a gameplay perspective, but it's certainly making the II team even more useless than it should be.  (This isn't being helped by the fact that the selection rules aren't right, thus keeping me from having an players over 23 that get playing time for the team.  I'm not sure how useful they'd be in any case since there is no squad leadership in any case).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Notes:
    1. I used the editor - raising Hannover II's profile - to get them into 3. Liga.

2. I am still in the first season after doing so, so maybe this gets fixed with time - although, I seriously doubt it.

3. I currently have no players above 23 on the team - not sure why that would matter, it certainly isn't stopping the U19 squad from acting as expected.

Assumption, it may not be possible to get Team Leaders (everyone is too young?), but I can't imagine why the team wouldn't, at least, be assigning team captains and vice captains.

Questions, if this is the expected result.

1) should I put older players on Hannover II?  just to get the opportunity to start mentoring people earlier?

2) does that mean I should be scheduling tons of friendlies in the gaps between games?

Edited by DJ0045