Description of issue

Same day. Which is right?

image.thumb.png.22c6c23db22cee2359af75b17759286a.png

image.thumb.png.419ce8b19874137a643c9e6879470bdf.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hello @Weston

These two things are generated separately. The season preview is decided by odds where as the media prediction on the club screen is collated by a different calculation.

In the first season, the media prediction is set in the data by researchers, but for subsequent seasons it'll be calculated through a mix of reputation, ability of players etc.

4 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @Weston

These two things are generated separately. The season preview is decided by odds where as the media prediction on the club screen is collated by a different calculation.

In the first season, the media prediction is set in the data by researchers, but for subsequent seasons it'll be calculated through a mix of reputation, ability of players etc.

Oh interesting, I never realized that because when I'd looked previously they happened to be the same.

Makes sense that the media prediction is based on rep / judged ability, but when you say "decided by odds," what do you mean?

I often reference this (or, now that I'm aware, these) numbers to roughly gauge my relative strength in a league, so I'm curious what's behind them.

35 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Odds as in the betting odds. For example in your screenshot the bookmakers have given you 20-1 odds to win the league.

No I get that, but I mean how are the in-game AI bookmakers creating these odds? Presumably they're also using reputation/ability but in some other formula?

• Administrators

Yes, it's a different formula, mostly based on the reputation and ability of the squads plus a few other factors, quite a complicated calculation. ;)