• Player returns to my club for a second loan period . . .

stockwellpete
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Need More Info

Description of issue

. . . but the fans treat him as if he is a completely new loanee. Playing as St Albans City in Vanarama South, we took an excellent young goalie from Norwich City on loan (19 years old) and he was central to our promotion and FA Cup run. I was repeatedly asked at press conferences whether we would sign him, but I always said "no" because he was too expensive. Week after week he turned in excellent performances and my initial attempt to renew the loan in March was knocked back by his parent club. Then, a couple of months later, I was advised at our Recruitment meeting to try to get him on loan again and this time Norwich City were agreeable, although they now reserved the right to recall him at short notice. The reaction of our fans was lukewarm to say the least and the screen said something like "they hope he can do well for us". In reality, they would have been ecstatic to get such a good player of proven reliability for a second season.

So I think the game could be improved for situations where there is a returning loanee.  It would just help with the reality/immersion aspect of the game. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hi, can you please send us your save file where this happened.

Do you remember the date when the player signed the 2nd time?

I am sorry but I don't know how to do even basic things like this at the moment. I will read your guidance to see if I can do it in future. I don't even know how to take a screenshot, or where it goes on my computer. I am nearly 70 years old and have never been much good with computers. I buy my games from Steam who do most of the basic technical stuff (updating etc) for me. Hopefully, just reporting what I am seeing alerts you to an issue and it might even prompt someone else to report it as well.

It happened at the beginning of the second season of my St Albans game, so near the beginning of the 23/24 season. In a previous game as Sheffield Wednesday, I had a player on loan for the entirety of the first season. Man City refused the loan for the second season, but I was then able to get him again for the 24/25 season. Again he was treated as a completely new player to the club. 

Edited by stockwellpete

Right, so if I press the PrtScr button on my computer it sends the screenshot to My Pictures. And I have found a Sports Interactive folder in Documents and saved games are in the "games" file. So, in future, if I see something like this I should immediately save the game so I have a record of it. Then I have to send it to you using the SI Cloud Service?  This is confusing me because at the bottom of this post I am writing now there is a "choose files" option as well. Is this the SI Cloud Service too? It says Max total size is 9.77 MB, while by save game file for my last save this morning is 139,833 KB. I don't know which is bigger KB or MB?

• Administrators

The link to our cloud service can be found with this link - https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Once opened click 'Select Files' and navigate to the Sports Interactive folder in 'Documents', then 'Football Manager 2023', then 'Games', then select the file you wish to upload.

Once uploaded, please tell us the name of the file.

57 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

The link to our cloud service can be found with this link - https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Once opened click 'Select Files' and navigate to the Sports Interactive folder in 'Documents', then 'Football Manager 2023', then 'Games', then select the file you wish to upload.

Once uploaded, please tell us the name of the file.

OK. So once that black bar below "Anonymous upload" fills up then that means the file is completely transferred to you and the process is complete, does it? Thanks for helping me with this.