• Role ability star rating

danej
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Something is wrong with this. See the pictures. Quite often the role ability star ratings are completely different on different screens. This is a new problem, it worked fine on FM21 and FM22.

image.thumb.png.33039277273ace5be1ac3853d185fedc.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

In the example, Oliver Ross' current ability star rating in the central midfield role as Ball Winning Midfielder (De) is 1.5 stars on this screen. Whereas on the other screen he isn't even there (I will post a separate picture of the latter in a moment).

In similiar examples, players can be on the latter screen, but with a different star rating assessment than on the player screen, sometimes vastly differet.

On 29/10/2022 at 07:45, danej said:

Oliver Ross isn't even on the list here although you see he is in the first team, is on the bench here

I think it's because you're trying to select him at DM when he can't play there

He's two star rated as a Box to Box midfielder and one and half stars for Ball Winning Midfielder in the CM position

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

I think it's because you're trying to select him at DM when he can't play there

He's two star rated as a Box to Box midfielder and one and half stars for Ball Winning Midfielder in the CM position

No it is in the CM position, BWM (de)

5 minutes ago, danej said:

No it is in the CM position, BWM (de)

It does say DM on the tactic name unless you've moved them up 

It says DMCR on the tactic screen 

1 hour ago, Kyle Brown said:

Could you provide your save file please so we can review? 

I did it now I think. The file is called AaB 2.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

It says there, DMCR, DMCL

Move them up to CM and he'll appear

Ah, interesting.

But isn't that different from earlier FM's? In earlier versions I believe that all positions that looked sort of CM-like on the pitch, like on the pictures, were categorized as DM. Hm, interesting in any case. So it seems like some CM positions are actually misleading and are in reality DM positions. Confusing in any case. If they are DM positions, the should be moved closer to the defence and visually placed as DM's I think. The current system seems both different from FM22, and generally misleading and confusing.

1 minute ago, danej said:

Ah, interesting.

But isn't that different from earlier FM's? In earlier versions I believe that all positions that looked sort of CM-like on the pitch, like on the pictures, were categorized as DM. Hm, interesting in any case. So it seems like some CM positions are actually misleading and are in reality DM positions. Confusing in any case. If they are DM positions, the should be moved closer to the defence and visually placed as DM's I think. The current system seems both different from FM22, and generally misleading and confusing.

They do look a little higher up, it might be the roles you have because they move around based on that. CM's are around the halfway line 

2 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

They do look a little higher up, it might be the roles you have because they move around based on that. CM's are around the halfway line 

Tbh I have no clue which roles etc. I use. I don't like dealing with tactics. I just use the preset 4-2-3-1 Gegenpress like I have always done. But that tactics is different now on FM23 than it was in FM22. The BBM role is switched to now being a roaming playmaker. And as you imply, both "CM" slots (the ones I thought were CM), might be DM slots instead, even though I they look more like CM slots on the visual part of the tactics screen, the pitch.

8 minutes ago, danej said:

Tbh I have no clue which roles etc. I use. I don't like dealing with tactics. I just use the preset 4-2-3-1 Gegenpress like I have always done. But that tactics is different now on FM23 than it was in FM22. The BBM role is switched to now being a roaming playmaker. And as you imply, both "CM" slots (the ones I thought were CM), might be DM slots instead, even though I they look more like CM slots on the visual part of the tactics screen, the pitch.

Yeah pal, it's been changed a bit this year, the double pivot in a 4-2-3-1 is better suited to DMs so the template formations are reflecting that too