• Youth players being generated by Athletic Bilbao without Basque nationality

tota73
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Resolved

Description of issue

I have started a save with Athletic Bilbao in FM23, where I simmed to the year 2040. Of course, all players on the side are now newgens, and all, of course, Basque. However, there are a couple exceptions. I have one player in my starting lineup, and a few youth players with significant potential, that generated without Basque nationality. They all were born in cities in the Basque Country, but unfortunately are not considered Basque and therefore I am forced to lose them on a free. The fact that home-grown talent who trained for a Basque Country club are traditionally able to be signed by the team regardless of Basque heritage, yet this is seemingly not represented in the game, makes this bug more annoying. All of them generated at the club through the youth intake.

I also had a short beta save with Athletic Bilbao, and though I did not play long enough to see any issues, having gone back into the save I can see that it had the same issue with a few youth players, so presumably this issue is extant through all saves with the club. It seems somewhere around 5-10% of players generate broken like this.

image.thumb.png.23722030a5f7de349aabd855c5dfbe94.pngimage.thumb.png.8ecbeb9d7fb74cac79cb8258c31fe9b7.pngimage.thumb.png.2be91cfa6cd304b9f9d4725c5c256ec1.pngimage.thumb.png.4acdff5eaf467e26a5fd54272e2a53bb.pngimage.thumb.png.46e88732a50d7ffd3bd8c38a7ce17d9f.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I did have a save before an intake, and I thought it was the one involving Pedro Perez, but I realize now he had already been at the club for a year, which means that I have not been at the club while any of these players have generated. Maybe it's just an issue that occurs to an AI-run Bilbao? I will report back if I have a broken player generate at the club during my tenure.

Having another look at the players, there is one that generated wrong while I was playing - a player that was poached from my academy, born in Bilbao and poached by Real Sociedad, generated without Basque nationality.

image.thumb.png.e9fafd5e21ea095ac71073e59b7f11e0.pngimage.thumb.png.a141c24614ff7f9000f5c9d80e46e94f.pngimage.thumb.png.edf7a9b84781e1d8365add36d05ccfbd.png

Unfortunately, the save I do have was from before my intake but after Sociedad's, and as such the player was already in the game at the point of the save.

Also, other Basque teams are having the same issue. The post is bloated enough with screenshots as is, so I won't toss any more in, but I can see that every Basque club has a few of these players - born in Basque Country, but lacking the nationality. Real Sociedad, for example, has about 10 of these players.