• Invalid qualification rules set unhelpful message

V50
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

image.png.220d1f5504df9af27b3cfd4beee7b9c3.pngimage.png.ac459c97edb2f86e1a6551ac0e2dab26.png

I use the advanced editor a lot, and I often make mistakes with qualification rules for some reason. This is more a suggestion/beg, but could this error message please be a bit more helpful? I've uploaded a file with this error, been trying to find my mistake for about 30 minutes :(

Thanks!

Tom

Bermuda 23.fmf

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

The problem was related to the bottom playoffs going to a separate cup competition, I didn't figure out what the problem exactly was, but removing that fixed it.

V50

Posted (edited)

There were two problems with this file;

1) I had 4 teams qualifying for a cup round that said it only had 2 teams to get 

2) I used "qualification rules" which I think it didn't like, so using top and bottom playoffs fixed it.

For some reason it still ignored the group settings, and set 4 teams in group 1 instead of group 2, meaning that only 3 went to the right round instead of 4 (see attached file if you are interested). But the error above is fixed by this file.

(edit: the general league settings (all groups) was overriding the specific, as I set min/max sizes in the generic, it ignored the specified number of teams in the individual group rules. I'm not sure that's WAD?)

Bermuda 23.fmf

Edited by V50