• Pre-Game Editor - custom database not showing as an option

DAN_Robbo7
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Hi - I've used the pre-game editor, and saved the .fmf file in the location specified in your instructions (see image attached). When I start a new career, the option isn't available in the top-right (see image attached). How do I go about finding it when starting a new career?

There was also no option when saving the database in the editor for saving in the right format, but it has saved it as a .fmf so assume it is ok?

Please help!!

FM23_PGE_File_Location.png

FM23_Database_Options.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Hi DAN_Robbo7,

Looking at your screenshot, The FMF file format is correct and should appear when starting a new career in FM23.

Could you let me know if you created and saved the editor file while you have FM23 opened? If so, try re-launching FM23 and see if you can see your custom file.

If the above doesn't work, could you try creating a new separate editor file as a test and see if you can see that in the game, following the instructions from here - https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/14960434210321

Otherwise, can you upload the editor file (so ''coventrycity2324.fmf') to OwnCloud and let us know once you have uploaded so our team and check it out for you, please?

Thanks.

Hi Jimmy

Thanks for your help and suggestions, it's much appreciated. Unfortunately, despite creating a new file and ensuring FM23 wasn't running when I did it, the same thing has happened. I'll upload the editor file to OwnCloud now. 

Thanks,

Dan

• Administrators

Hey Dan, thanks for the file. We are able to create a new game with your editor file included so we can assume that the editor file isn't the cause of the problem.

In this case, we suggest you remove the caches and preferences folders of FM23 and try again. Please see the below FAQ to see how to do so.

https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/9997644231185-How-to-remove-my-caches-and-or-preferences-folders-in-Football-Manager-

Let us know how you get on, please?

• Administrators

After discussing further within our team, we believe it could be linked to the location you've downloaded FM23 or the Pre-game editor to (e.g. OneDrive), thus causing a problem with the game's ability to access the file.

We suggest you try installing the game in the default location and also make sure that the Sports interactive folder is also in the default location.

Forgive my ignorance, but where should I save FM23 to? Currently it goes onto my C:, which is where the Editor has also gone I believe - I've uninstalled both of them! I'm 99% sure it goes into the default location on the C:

Edited by DAN_Robbo7