• U18 league names messed up

boakham
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

The National U18 league names are messed up by region. It has the league with Altershot U18s, Yeovil U18s etc called North East, the one with AFC Wimbledon U18s, Bath U18s, Chippenham U18s etc as North West, the one with Notts Co U18s, King's Lynn U18s etc as South East and the one with Hartlepool U18s, Scunthorpe U18s etc as South West.

Wrong league names.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Unfortunately, I'm fully aware of this problem too, but even just as a random fan of the game I have the admit the U18s system is so complex, there are teams who have disbanded, reformed, and just folded entirely, are not officially under 18's side and are actually a local development side as opposed to a youth side to the actual team. 

Not only that but there is simply so many teams that are not in the game, and most teams ESPECIALLY at this level do not include any information on their u18's team. 

Just as an example, in real life Hereford Community U18s (not even Hereford U18's because that's not their youth teams name) compete in the southern midland junior flood lit prem which is a mid-week league played in the evening (against teams like, Southport swifts u18's, Dudley town, Dudley sport (also on that note, some teams have multiple 18's teams, shadow, development, main etc as opposed to just 1 u18's team) , the fixtures are not confirmed until a week before matches really, players come and go more frequently than it rains, not to mention there's also a Herefordshire county 'giant killer's cup' which is for all u18's sides in Herefordshire I believe and I imagine all youth teams are involved in small county cups and such like this which is even harder to find data.

I fully agree that the current setup in the game is not correct BUT I also don't think at this level enough under-18 data is accessible/ updated/ consistent enough to do anything other than what they've done in the game, I mean, something like 80% of u18's team in the non-league category don't even have any actual players in just as an example because clubs don't release enough data.