• Everton have content from previous years, inaccurate player ratings, and nonsense board objectives

mercut1o
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

The Everton Board's 1st season objective is to qualify for Europe. It's one of their most important objectives and they won't budge on it. They also prefer to see attacking soccer. Do you see Frank Lampard under pressure irl because Everton are midtable after nearly getting relegated last season? No, of course not, but clearly no one even checked this team in the game.

Your assistant gives you recommendations about the team; his first recommendation? Bernard and Lucas Digne are our best pairing down the left (according to our team analysis, screenshot included). Neither player has been registered to Everton since at least last January, and for Bernard it's been years. 

Iwobi is signifcantly worse than Doucoure (screenshot below) and is both slower than Onana and less agile than Gana. Hilariously Iwobi is listed as 26lbs heavier than Doucoure, but Iwobi and Doucoure have the same acceleration and agility. Doucoure has better vision. This means Iwobi is firmly 4th choice in the game midfield 3 despite being Everton's best player in real life. On Onana for a second- he has the highest pace in the squad. Higher than Ben Godfrey, higher than Anthony Gordon...huh? It's like no one even looked at this squad. Tarkowski and Coady are both worse than Michael Keane. The much younger Holgate is as good or better than Coady (same star rating with different stats), making Coady 5th place and a waste of a loan. Coady has England caps from this qualifying campaign in real life, but noooo same skill level as Holgate. Their decision making stats are 6 and 7 respectively. Holgate I could see that for, but Coady?

In the backroom staff Paul Clement has worse coaching stats across the board than Sam Allardyce, Sammy Lee, or Craig Shakespeare. So does Ashley Cole, who only has a 12 in technical and a 6 in fitness. In the real world Everton have a decent defense but I guess these two couldn't possibly have contributed to that. Bizarrely, Duncan Ferguson is still around in-game despite his irl departure over the summer, he has mediocre stats, but is really good when used as a technical attacking coach (4/5 stars). He's the best of the bunch as a result.

In a complete departure from reality a reasonable set of first actions as new Everton manage in FM23 is to offer Keane and Holgate new long-term contracts, bin the entire backroom staff except Dunc, and immediately sell Iwobi to reinvest in a winger and a striker while you await DCL's return but none of that will matter because the team cannot possibly reach Europe in the first season if you play straight up without save scumming. So you absolutely will get fired first season making this entire inaccurate and frustrating experience a complete waste of time.

20221020165412_1.jpg

20221104030702_1.jpg

20221104165746_1.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Absolute joke isn't it. Contemplated editing some attributes once the editor comes out but that's not going to help with the ridiculous board expectation. Indeed it could make it even worse - if the players are better, will the expectations shift higher?!

Indeed, a lot doesn't look like its changed much. Obviously we had a poor previous season which they take into account. To be fair, players like Coady would have been reviewed by the wolves researcher (and Tarks by the burnley researcher), but there do seem some glaring issues.

But our youth players are abysmal - so many stats set to random

• SI Staff

Thanks for your input, @mercut1o, @_mark_efc_, and @evertonmarc.

The Everton data on which you are commenting is not the data with which the game was released, on Monday: 

- Board objectives; these were amended before datalock, so that more reasonable targets are identified.

- Bernard/Digne partnership; apologies that this one got through - I have now deleted it from the database.

- The profiles of the midfield players have been amended so that there is a more realistic balance.

- Coady and Tarkowski have been amended to reflect their standing, as opposed to that of Holgate and Keane.

- Onana's level of English has been amended to "Fluent".

I am sorry that you found the data in the Early Access beta to be disappointing.  Please do check how the team is in the release version of FM2023.  Your feedback is always appreciated.

Hi @mercut1o, @_mark_efc_ and @evertonmarc.

Firstly I would like to introduce myself as Everton’s assistant researcher. This is a fairly new role to me, I only undertaken this around mid-September time so there was a lot of data I had to analyse in a short space of time so unfortunately some will have slipped through the net and I can only apologise first and foremost.

I’m confident that some of the issues mentioned were prevalent in the early beta and have now been rectified (I found this out the hard way by having multiple Everton saves and searching for bugs - the board expectation one got me the sack to begin with). Some of these were not noticeable on the database from my perspective.

So to reiterate Pete’s comment;

- board expectations were lowered

- previous relationships and past players/staff were altered or removed

- Onana’s language abilities have been upgraded

- Iwobi’s and Obama’s attributes were altered higher whilst Doucoure’s were dropped slightly as I was unhappy with these. To comment on the pace specifically, if I’m correct Onana’s pace is 17, which ranks him quick but his off the mark is far lower than other players. Iwobi ranks fairly upper-middle for the squad which is fair in comparison to players around him. Godfrey/DCL/Vinaigre/Gray being the quickest - players like Onana/Tarkowski have high pace due to their height which sees them have long strides for longer bursts of run as opposed to quicker/off the mark players. I left these unchanged from their Lille/Burnley ratings - I am going to complete a more thorough analysis before the winter update on all first-team players to reflect 2021/22 and first half of 22/23 seasons. Gordon is a standout figure for acceleration and pace as this was noticed after the data lock.

Again, I’m sorry that you encountered so many issues with the first-release but hopefully most were captured for the full-release. Please, if you continue to find any errors with the data of the squad/club in general, contact me and I’ll make a note of these.

3 hours ago, shaunfletcher said:

Hi @mercut1o, @_mark_efc_ and @evertonmarc.

Firstly I would like to introduce myself as Everton’s assistant researcher. This is a fairly new role to me, I only undertaken this around mid-September time so there was a lot of data I had to analyse in a short space of time so unfortunately some will have slipped through the net and I can only apologise first and foremost.

I’m confident that some of the issues mentioned were prevalent in the early beta and have now been rectified (I found this out the hard way by having multiple Everton saves and searching for bugs - the board expectation one got me the sack to begin with). Some of these were not noticeable on the database from my perspective.

So to reiterate Pete’s comment;

- board expectations were lowered

- previous relationships and past players/staff were altered or removed

- Onana’s language abilities have been upgraded

- Iwobi’s and Obama’s attributes were altered higher whilst Doucoure’s were dropped slightly as I was unhappy with these. To comment on the pace specifically, if I’m correct Onana’s pace is 17, which ranks him quick but his off the mark is far lower than other players. Iwobi ranks fairly upper-middle for the squad which is fair in comparison to players around him. Godfrey/DCL/Vinaigre/Gray being the quickest - players like Onana/Tarkowski have high pace due to their height which sees them have long strides for longer bursts of run as opposed to quicker/off the mark players. I left these unchanged from their Lille/Burnley ratings - I am going to complete a more thorough analysis before the winter update on all first-team players to reflect 2021/22 and first half of 22/23 seasons. Gordon is a standout figure for acceleration and pace as this was noticed after the data lock.

Again, I’m sorry that you encountered so many issues with the first-release but hopefully most were captured for the full-release. Please, if you continue to find any errors with the data of the squad/club in general, contact me and I’ll make a note of these.

All good @shaunfletcher! i'm still in my beta save, will restart a new one soon.

That club debt is crazy though, gonna be a tough one this year lol!!!

@Pete Sottrel and @shaunfletcher, (@evertonmarc@_mark_efc_ as well) thank you so much for the prompt changes and personal replies, these steps go a long way to rectifying the situation. I'll make sure to pass along this positive interaction to the Everton subreddit as well. I'm excited to try a new save and endure the Everton suffering in a more accurate fashion.

Edited by mercut1o
    broken name links