• Player Attributes

Alexandria7
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Hello first of all,

I've been playing at Turkey for a long time when I get bored because of the strict rules in Turkish Division. Its challenging but fun.

I've logged on beta and continued as Besiktas, Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Trabzonspor to see the nature of the teams and if they are accurate with real life.

I'm shocked to see that Besiktas and Galatasaray players are considered as low level players while Fenerbahce, Trabzonspors players are raised to the top level.

To give examples, Fenerbahce; Miguel Crespo, Irfancan Kahveci, Altay Bayindir, Arda Guler and some other players attributes are really unrealistic. Miguel Crespo is not a world class player who is better than Galatasaray's Torreira who has a rich and succesful history. Also Irfancan Kahveci is not Cristiano Ronaldo, even better than Ronaldo in some ways. Getting to others; in my opinion he is a WONDERKID in real life but have you seen the attributes of Arda Guler who is 17 Years old atm... In my opinion those are needed to be checked.

Trabzonspor; Maxi Lopez, Abdulkadir Omur, Victor Hugo and others. Maxi Lopez is way above the level of any striker at Turkish Division. Abdulkadir Omur was a really strong prospect in 2019-2022 FM but I mean after last season he is overrated at FM...

These are not the only examples people can give, I can give almost all players in these clubs are overrated.

While these are up there I must tell that; Besiktas is a succesfull team considering latest seasons, Besiktas players are 2nd division players atm. Almost all of them are like this I cant give names. 

Galatasaray; Last season was a bad season for them, still they did a great job at Europe, Promoted to last 16 in the death group without losing a single match.

I need to tell that, Kerem Akturkoglu, Victor Nellson was a part of last seasons team, they attracted the biggest teams of Europe with their performances still not good enough for FM scouts I guess. New transfers; Icardi, Seferovic, Torreira, Oliveira are top players considering the turkish division but still even with their history at fm they are downgraded this year.

Ersin Destanoglu, the value of the player is almost twice as considered.

Kerem Akturkoglu, Victor Nellson the value of those players are almost twice as considered. 

When you start the career of Galatasaray or Besiktas just go 1-2 days ahead, a big team will knock on your door with a 5m offer for Nellson or Kerem which you will surely decline and the game you start will be ruined because of the morale. Even there was rumours that Nellson was going to sign for 15m to Sevilla, the offer was not accepted and Galatasaray wanted 25m in return.

Galatasaray had top 3 transfer seasons of Turkey, their success had youtube videos and posts on social media. Considering FM scouts they bought trash players like Icardi, Torreira, Mertens. I mean good luck FM with those reporters of yours.

Considering other topics in this place, WAGES of Galatasaray are deliberately shown high while those informations are not guesses those are the facts that clubs announce to public. EVEN funnier, Showing Icardi's wage as 5M because Galatasaray has twitter posts about it also public announcements it is 750k. While the other 2 teams wages are lowered considering their announcements.

In my opinion researchers of FM and by this way FM is doing this by purpose. Football Manager's Turkish Division updates in the past years are all same, lower the attributes of some teams, such as Besiktas and Galatasaray. Get Fenerbahce and Trabzonspors attributes higher. You can understand Trabzonspor because of their non-challenged title run last season but still, you cant explain the unjust attributes of the two teams. 

Can easily say that, Fenerbahce has Veratti, Ronaldolike players in his team (Crespo and Irfancan) not as same but they are REALLY CLOSE considering attributes. I wish good luck for Turkish FM community who supports those 2 teams because they will start this game in hard mode, probably will be sacked after a year managing the team (Squad Morale - Results).

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I totally agree with these comments about Turkish League. 

I'm playing SI Games' CM/FM series for 24 years and this is the worst Turkish database I've ever seen. 

All Fenerbahçe players are above the league. Especially İrfan Can Kahveci, Altay Bayındır, Bright-Osayi Samuel, Miguel Crespo and Serdar Aziz. Crespo is looking like the league's best midfielder in recent years but there's a player like Lucas Torreira who was among Serie A's leading midfielders in 21/22 season. 

I've checked Turkish research team's tweets in Twitter tonight. Galatasaray researcher says "We're not allowed to update attributes of new transfers, because of that I couldn't edit Abdülkerim Bardakçı." but at the same time Fenerbahçe researcher says "I'll update Michy Batshuayi's attributes before the full release." 

Which one should we believe, dear SI Games? Fenerbahçe researcher says he can edit a new transfer but Galatasaray researcher says he's not allowed to do it. You need to involve this and show us which one is liar and giving fake information. 

Just like this issue, Fenerbahçe researcher says "I'll update few positional attributes and player attributes to make Fenerbahçe more consistent for non-human controlled games." He notes this way AI will make Fenerbahçe's squad rotation more realistic etc... But once again Galatasaray researcher says they're limited to edit attributes and he adds "Galatasaray's average CA was above the league average after Icardi, Mata, Mertens and Midtsjö transfers, so we had do lower CA's of the other players in the team." 

Why your two researchers talking about completely opposite things? One is editing "his" team like one of the best teams in Europe but other one is treating Galatasaray like 2nd division team. There are some hot prospects this year for Galatasaray but he says he did nothing about them. But all prospects of Fenerbahçe are above the league, even unnamed players are better than all Galatasaray U19 team. Fenerbahçe researcher doing unrealistic updates to his team, Galatasaray researcher is doing wrong things and gives all responsibility to SI Games. 

Also Mauro Icardi's tax-included wage should be 1.1M€ in the game(Galatasaray announced 750K€ without taxes) but it's 5.14M€. Also Dries Mertens should earn 4.1M€ with taxes(Galatasaray announced 2.9M€ without taxes) but he earns 6.6M€ in the game. They are all unrealistic. Only two players affect Galatasaray's wage budget for 6.5M€. 

You need to solve these serious scandal about Turkish researchers. I don't remember such a terrible update for Turkish teams since CM 99/00. 

Thanks for the comments guys.

Most, if not everything you gripe about is unfortunately inaccurate.  I'll skip the subjective stuff right off the bat since player attributes should not be viewed singularly.

Feel free to check out my threads on twitter about the Turkish Super League player analysis.

https://twitter.com/fmresearchtr/status/1583502420520280068

https://twitter.com/fmresearchtr/status/1583509367759831040

As for the other stuff.

Player wages are shown as gross in the game (as in the cost of the player to the club) rather than net (as in the amount of money the player receives).

So someone Earning 2 million Euro net is going to show as 2 x (1 - %40) = 3.33 million Euro

Regarding Icardi's wages.
    He earns 6.75 million Euro net.
    This is 6.75 million Euro / (1 - %40) = 11.25 million Euro gross
    PSG pays 6 million of this, leaving Galatasaray with 5.25 million Euro

Mertens also receives a signing on fee of 1.1 million Euro on top of 2.9 million Euro.
    So that is 4 million Euro net.
    Which is 6.66 million Euro gross.

As experienced players of the game, you would notice that this is no different than how we have treated wages in the past.

6 hours ago, perpetua said:

Most, if not everything you gripe about is unfortunately inaccurate.  I'll skip the subjective stuff right off the bat since player attributes should not be viewed singularly.

Feel free to check out my threads on twitter about the Turkish Super League player analysis.

As for the other stuff.

Player wages are shown as gross in the game (as in the cost of the player to the club) rather than net (as in the amount of money the player receives).

So someone Earning 2 million Euro net is going to show as 2 x (1 - %40) = 3.33 million Euro

Mertens also receives a signing on fee of 1.1 million Euro on top of 2.9 million Euro.

As experienced players of the game, you would notice that this is no different than how we have treated wages in the past.

Regarding Icardi, Galatasaray said that PSG pays 6 and they pay the remaining 0.75. Why isn't the tax calculated for how much PSG is paying? So it would be 10 million + 1.25 million.

11 saat önce, perpetua said:

As for the other stuff.

@perpetua According to your answer, FM is calculating taxes totally wrong. When you choose "%10 wage" for a loanee, you don't pay all the taxes, you only pay taxes related to agreed %10 wage. 

Also, you said nothing about different words of your two researchers. I can edit wages for me and my friends via Editor 23 on 8th Nov, It's not a big issue for me but you have to give proper answers about why FB and GS researchers are talking about opposite rules about editing/updating players. 

Your Fenerbahçe researcher says "I'll update Batshuayi's finishing before the full release" but Galatasaray researcher says "I can't edit Abdülkerim Bardakçı's stats because he's a new signing." 

Which one is correct? Which one is wrong? How can FB researcher edit a new signing and how GS researcher can't? Both players were playing for Turkish teams last season and both are new signing for their clubs. Batshuayi is editable but Abdülkerim is not. 

These are the most important issues than wage problems. GS researcher says "Galatasaray's average CA was much higher than league average so I've downgraded or not updated some players" and FB researcher says "I'll update Fenerbahçe players' attributes and positional stat a bit higher to make Fenerbahçe's non-human squad rotating better to compete." Fenerbahçe's average CA is aldready above the league an researcher says "I'll update more." 

You need to answer these and create a proper solution to this kind of problems. In former editions, head research team was editing this kind of problems and created fair attributes for all teams in the league. But since the new head research team's appointment, every single researcher trying to make his team better than others and head research team doing absolutely NOTHING about it. 

If you're really fair to every team, we're looking forward to see your actions before the full release. 

7 hours ago, Iboshow said:

Regarding Icardi, Galatasaray said that PSG pays 6 and they pay the remaining 0.75. Why isn't the tax calculated for how much PSG is paying? So it would be 10 million + 1.25 million.

Because that is not how the deal is structured.

3 hours ago, franchi said:

@perpetua According to your answer, FM is calculating taxes totally wrong. When you choose "%10 wage" for a loanee, you don't pay all the taxes, you only pay taxes related to agreed %10 wage. 

Also, you said nothing about different words of your two researchers. I can edit wages for me and my friends via Editor 23 on 8th Nov, It's not a big issue for me but you have to give proper answers about why FB and GS researchers are talking about opposite rules about editing/updating players. 

Your Fenerbahçe researcher says "I'll update Batshuayi's finishing before the full release" but Galatasaray researcher says "I can't edit Abdülkerim Bardakçı's stats because he's a new signing." 

Which one is correct? Which one is wrong? How can FB researcher edit a new signing and how GS researcher can't? Both players were playing for Turkish teams last season and both are new signing for their clubs. Batshuayi is editable but Abdülkerim is not. 

These are the most important issues than wage problems. GS researcher says "Galatasaray's average CA was much higher than league average so I've downgraded or not updated some players" and FB researcher says "I'll update Fenerbahçe players' attributes and positional stat a bit higher to make Fenerbahçe's non-human squad rotating better to compete." Fenerbahçe's average CA is aldready above the league an researcher says "I'll update more." 

You need to answer these and create a proper solution to this kind of problems. In former editions, head research team was editing this kind of problems and created fair attributes for all teams in the league. But since the new head research team's appointment, every single researcher trying to make his team better than others and head research team doing absolutely NOTHING about it. 

If you're really fair to every team, we're looking forward to see your actions before the full release. 

The loan system in FM is a very simplified version of what happens in reality.  Clubs typically make a contract with a loaned player and this can be structured in many different ways depending on tax advantages/disadvantages.  Especially for cross-border loans.

As of right now, none of the assistant researchers are able to make changes.  They can request changes from myself or one of my co-researchers.

Both of the researchers you complain about have been doing FM research for 10+ years.  I'm inclined to stand by their choices. :)

4 saat önce, perpetua said:

The loan system in FM is a very simplified version of what happens in reality.  Clubs typically make a contract with a loaned player and this can be structured in many different ways depending on tax advantages/disadvantages.  Especially for cross-border loans.

As of right now, none of the assistant researchers are able to make changes.  They can request changes from myself or one of my co-researchers.

Both of the researchers you complain about have been doing FM research for 10+ years.  I'm inclined to stand by their choices. :)

You're not answering my questoins once again. 

Why Cengiz and Sinan are talking opposite things about editing new transfers? Can you explain which one is right and which is wrong? 

I asked that situation two times and still I got no answers about it. 

You can send dm to me(@frtslck) from your fmresearchtr account on twitter. I need some proper answers about your strange Turkish researchers. 

Because you are not reporting a genuine issue.  Merely griping about subjective player attributes. 

If you care to read the pinned thread in the forum you'll see:

As much of the data is subjective we’d ask that you respect everyone’s opinion and accept that the final decision is that of our club researchers and our heads of research.    

They are both incorrect and they are both correct.  There is no hard and fast rule about editing newly arriving players but we typically avoid it unless it's necessary to ensure a that a player behaves or is used as close to reality as possible.  The typical approach here is to behave consevatively and give benefit of doubt to the previous researcher that they have done their rating accurately.