• [23.2.2] Player unwilling to leave on a free

Sunstrikuuu
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I am manager of Vauxhall Motors, a team in the 9th tier of British football.  The transfer window is basically always open because the clubs are semi-pro, and players are on a mixture of part-time and non-contracts.  

Sam Goode is unhappy with his playing time.  I tell him fine, I understand his concern, I am happy to let him leave at the end of the season when his contract expires.  He can't wait that long, though; he wants to make sure he leaves as soon as possible and the club gets a transfer fee for him.  I'm assuming the transfer fee comment is just a single string that's used in multiple situations, so I'm not concerned about it, even if it is silly that he expects the club to get a fee for a player on a part-time contract that expires soon in a league where there are no transfer fees.

The real issue is that the season is already over!  It's May 2, and my final fixture was the final weekend of April.  The only remaining fixtures are the finals of the Macron Cup and the FA Vase.  He shouldn't be in a hurry to be transferred; there are no more fixtures left to play this season, except the cup finals he has an outside chance of being picked for.

Reproduction: The save Edward Parris - Vauxhall Motors.fm starts when Goode makes his unhappiness known but before the conversation takes place.  It is the first item in the inbox.  If necessary, Edward Parris - Vauxhall Motors (v02).fm is from April 25, well before the interaction.  To reproduce the issue in that circumstance, just play forward until May 2 without picking Goode in the final league fixture on the 27th of April.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments