• Board just announced Staff numbers update: 0 allowed Chief scouts and 0 scouts.

Dajoowie
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Description of issue:

As mentioned in the title the board (in this case Managing Director Pascal van Wijk at Vitesse), just announced the new Staff numbers update. The team is doing pretty well (performing far above what is expected), the finances are secure, the balance is still extremely positive, yet this change has been made (seemingly out of the blue).

There might be something underlying that I'm overlooking that has caused this, however I honestly have no clue (so it seems more like a bug, because this just completely destroys recruitment as soon as contracts of current scouts expire).

I will note that the scouting budget is negative (as I made the mistake of keeping shortlists on 'stay up to date'). This might have an effect? I'm not sure.

The save game name is: Jozef Du Verlosser - Vitesse

Steps to reproduce: As far as I'm aware I just played the game.

See the relevant added screenshots below for more context:

image.thumb.png.abc1a1fc9fc94a1fbecefa6e97e5f5ad.png

image.thumb.png.06217d4b759402f7ae48d3a8a68ec756.png

image.thumb.png.62d8be53895ae5efcfdbd2a463994c61.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

As a small update about the situation, towards the end of the season a new update on the staff numbers came in. Problem is still there:

image.png.c9c7deae7425e414ad5e676dba5f1e1f.pngI've also checked within the Finances (Board request) and Staff (because there's an option there as well), but there is no possibility at all to request more Scouting staff.

I've uploaded the updated save to the Cloud (as it might help? I'm not sure), this time the save file is called Jozef Du Verlosser - Vitesse v2.

Edited by Dajoowie

Okay, I figured it out. In the first post I mentioned that due to keeping shortlists on automatic updates, my scouting budget was depleted. I fixed this later by pumping it back up (by leveraging over some of the Transfer budget). The problem was, that this automatically put the Scouting range (which can be found under Scouting -> Players -> Top right of the screen) to No Scouting. Because this was on No Scouting, my Managing Director decided, well what's the point of having Scouts if we allegedly don't scout. In the post-season I put this Scouting range back to Central Europe, and low and behold my Scouting numbers are automatically back up. I'm genuinely not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but at least there's a solution!