• New Stadium isn’t working

RUBBER DUCK NATION
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I have a 100 year old stadium with the last rebuild being 30+ years.

I asked my board to build a new stadium to which they agreed and said they would get back with proposal etc etc.

It is now 4 seasons later and nothing has happened. I even simulated to 2031 and nothing happens.

I can ask again with the board but they never get back to me, I in-game editor the expansion capacity to 100000 and I can’t ask for an expansion, I have also tried putting the condition up to 100 to force it but it is clearly just stuck.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, we've had a look at your save but haven't been able to fully investigate. 

In the save file you uploaded to us, you are the manager of Brazil not Birmingham.

Do you have an earlier save from when you were Birmingham manager?

4 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, we've had a look at your save but haven't been able to fully investigate. 

In the save file you uploaded to us, you are the manager of Brazil not Birmingham.

Do you have an earlier save from when you were Birmingham manager?

sadly not - however, I went back to Birmingham and when they hired me I had a promise to build a new stadium...which hasn't happened, and I can ask again for a new one to be built and nothing happens as before - I have attached a file when I got the offer and when I can ask for the stadium months later

James Pigden - Birmingham Offer.fm / James Pigden - Birmingham No Stadium.fm

I have the exact same issue, whenever the option to build a new stadium comes up, typically I have to argue for the stadium and the board eventually relented and it says the request is approved but then the inbox item doesn't appear to say that anything has been done and then it disappears from the board requests section.

I also tried the stadium condition as OP with no luck.

It seems that birmingham can only build a new stadium by doing these steps:

1. Set the stadium capacity and expansion capacity to below the league capacity requirements. I did this in November time in my save, but I believe it won't matter when as long as it's a couple of games before the end of the season.

Because I did that which then the game made us play at the hawthorns for the next season, then when I had the option to request to build a new stadium, it was granted and was successful. See screenshot.

I made a save where I did this and holidayed, so I can provide that as well as the save with me as manager if OP's save isn't suitable for testing.

Screenshot_20230303_012439.png