• Player Promises

wazza
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I reported this for advice in the general forum and ppl think it may be a bug

I have promised my team at the beginning of the season when I took over the club to reduce the size of the squad.  I started to do this and the players icons turned green as they were happy some progress had been made.

On the last day of the transfer window I bought a couple of players and 2 of the existing squad who wanted the squad size reducing turned to yellow and it said that they expect me to make more effort to reduce the squad size, however the Jan transfer window slammed shut so I could not get rid of more players and I have until end of May to fulfil the promise.

I have since sent squad players out on loan during the remainder of the season to reduce the squad size.  It is now the end of the season and I have 14 days left to turn the yellow icon back to green,  I have mutually terminated the contracts of players who contracts where due to expire in the 1st team, u21 and u18s to help reduce the squad size.  These players are still on a yellow and want me to make more effort to reduce the size of the squad despite me now having released two 1st team players and around 8 - 10 U21 and U18 players.  I am not sure what else I am to do to fufil this promise.  I have had U21 and U18 players on the transfer list but despite clubs been interested no one would actually bid for them except 1 or 2, which as mentioned led me to terminating there contracts.

The end of the promise date is 30th May, I have also around 5 players on loan and these players loans cannot be terminated until 31st May which is the day after the promise is due to be fulfilled.

I would have thought that loaning players out and terminating certain players contracts would help fulfil this promise, but it appears that it means that you have to actually have a bid accepted for the players. to fulfil this  What if no one will buy your players as in my example above when they are transfer listed so the only way to get rid is to terminate the contract to reduce the size of the squad

As noted I have reduced the squad size by terminating players contracts and loaning them out but the players in question are still on the yellow circle and not the green one.  

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

6 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, could you please upload your save file to us so we can review.

Do you have a save game from before May 30th you can give us?

Hi Zach,

Just uploading save game to SI cloud 'Interaction TW.fm' for you to take a look - the game date is before 30th May 

See images below another bug on this is that in the promises screen it shows that I have succeeded in keeping a promise to Seri, yet in the squad screen after the promise date is to be fulfilled it shows as a green box with 'unp' in it indicating the player is unhappy and when you click on the screen it states that he is unhappy that promise not kept, which according to the promises screen it was

Jean Michaël Séri_ Happiness.png

Tony Walker_ Promises.png

Edited by wazza