• Promises Are A Mess

Catch22er
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

Last year I promised my team that I'd play youth players. I played youth players. The game acknowledged this by showing the full green dots on the promises screen, which makes sense, considering I had the youngest team in my league by years. At the end-of-season team meeting I made the same promise for the upcoming season, and because you apparently don't code that promise for one year as a separate object from the year before it triggered a failure on the original promise. All the core, veteran players on my team were angry, and I had to move on a couple that I'd had for many seasons.

Just now a team came in with an offer for one of my young players. I rejected it. I got the "talk with player about issue" email. I told him the offer was too low, and we agreed on a fair price. Another team made the same lowball offer, which was less than half of what the player and I had just agreed on THAT DAY. He now considers that "promise" broken.

These are just two. The logic around how players respond to release clauses is also awful, and there are numerous YouTube videos over multiple years saying to never make any of the subjective promises ("Improve ___", etc.). It's incredibly frustrating to build a team up over years and years, reach the brink of your goals, and then have it fall apart because of bugs and awful logic. Just take promises out until you can talk to anybody who plays your game for more than ten minutes a version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• SI Staff

Hello, appreciate the post but you're bringing up multiple things at once.

Could you please provide us with a save file to review based on your first or second paragraph?