• Sacked after not meeting an objective, despite good performance elsewhere

CallumH99
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

I was managing Hibernian in the SPFL, was in the job 7 months and sat second in the league 1 point behind Rangers (who I had beat on all occasions I played them) and 5 points clear of Celtic (who I also beat each time I played them), and we were in the league cup final against Rangers. Entering the Scottish Cup in the forth round, I was drawn against Rangers. The board wanted us to 'reach the latter states of the competition.' Unfortunately, we lost this game 1-0, and instantly afterwards I was called to a players meeting and told they were unhappy with my management, and then promptly asked to attend a board meeting, where I was subsequently sacked. I believe that in my time in charge I had lost a maximum of 5 games, and we could have easily gone on to win a league cup and challenge for the league, not least qualify for the Europa League, which was also a board requirement. I don't know if this is considered a bug, but I've never had it happen before and after speaking with friends playing the Beta they told me that they've failed board objectives and not lost their jobs.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments