• Unable to appoint staff at U18

Huipio
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Hi,

I've taken over a new team in the lowest playable Scottish League 2. Caladonian Braves won promotion after two seasons in the game and I took over from that point.

Although there is room to appoint a manager, coaches, etc. I'm not able to place an advert or give a contract to staff in these particular roles.

Since I'm doing a Youth Challenge, meaning only using players from future youth intakes, it's a must to add U18 staff.

Please look into this!

Greetz Huib.

Bug.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Also attached, image of where you set staff responsibilities (same for renewals). Seems like an issue. Have tried setting and confirming to myself and director, then holidaying forward. 

Still cannot place adverts or have the option to hire staff for u18.

Have uploaded second file of the season ticking over to when I'm in league 1. ([my name] - Bonnyrigg Rose s2 test season click over.fm)

Screenshot 2022-11-13 at 10.58.14.png

Feel like I'm adding loads of content so apologies if not needed!

Think the issue seems to be clubs who have an U18 squad but no staff allocated at the start of the save.

In my save, added some new managers.

Morton, who have U18 staff 

- can place adverts.

- can allocate staff responsibilities

- can move players between senior and U18 squads.

Cove Rangers, who have a U18 squad but no staff

- can't place adverts, 

- can't allocate responsibilities properly (see image)

- can move players to the senior squad, but cannot move them back.

Hope all this helps

17 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Another reported issue is that most teams from league two or non league promoted teams can not place players from senior squad to u18 team 

Think if you look at the database in the editor it's because some clubs have u20 teams and others have reserves and u18s. 

Think the u20 ones conflict with what is expected in the league setup hence the issues around moving players and all the job issues etc. 

1 hour ago, don coop said:

Think if you look at the database in the editor it's because some clubs have u20 teams and others have reserves and u18s. 

Think the u20 ones conflict with what is expected in the league setup hence the issues around moving players and all the job issues etc. 

So if we remove the U20 thing in the editor, we should be fine ?

12 hours ago, OlivierL said:

So if we remove the U20 thing in the editor, we should be fine ?

I think you'd need to do a test. You could compare the clubs I noted and see how there set up and run a test with a change.

I would say though that's for new saves only as I couldn't see a way for it to be done with the in game editor.

Also don't know if it impacts the whole nation etc for u18 team selection and all sorts.

Pausing my game for SI to update. 

I have found a solution (i think).

I deleted the Reserve (u20 team). 

Added a manager to the u18 team with a contract till 2024

Added the U18 to the third tier u18

Holidayed a season, after a few reloads i had my team (Braves) and i can add U18 staff, and move staff from senior to reserve.

now i'm going to do some more holiday tests.. i'll let you know.

• Administrators

Believe this has now been resolved in a previous update, thank you for your patience. Do let us know if you spot anything similar.