• Carabao Cup Semi Finals

TJH92
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Carabao Cup Semi Finals have been scheduled to be played at Neutral grounds. Having researched as much information as I can, this doesn't seem to be correct. The dates are correct but the games are not been played home and away as they should be

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have that same issue. 

Manchester United have been drawn to play Manchester City with the two matches being played at Hillsborough (Sheffield Wednesday) & Elland Road (Leeds United) 

Both legs of the other semi final tie between Arsenal & Newcastle United will be played at Old Trafford.

It's happened again, in a full release. Two legs, both played on Wembley. Don't have a save, sry.

Edited by rsop23

I think I have found out what is causing this issue plus Rounds 1-3 being played on wrong days while editing & extending England database to add in the regional leagues at level 7 & 8.

They have an additional helper in the Carabao Cup rules due to the World Cup being held in November/December and it is this that is moving fixtures to Wednesdays/ Thursday plus it moves the Semi Finals to neutral venue as this is set in these helper rules

As when I removed this helper rule from edited database I am creating fixtures for Rounds 1-3 moved back to the normal Tuesdays/Wednesdays and Semi Finals returned to 2 legs at Home & Away stadiums as normal.

And before anybody says it about being tried on edited database, like I know someone will.

I have also removed this rule from the vanilla database & the same happens fixtures in rounds 1-3 fixtures return to normal Tuesdays/Wednesdays & Semi Finals return to normal 2 legged Home & Away stadiums used

Is this going to be fixed? It’s been weeks since reported. It breaks save immersion. Put out a minor patch. Shouldn’t have to wait until the next big update in December to fix something like this. Come on SI…