• Incorrect promotions from Regional Premier (step 7) to Vanarama North/South

andydick
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Ran the game to the end of season 1 (holidaying) and noticed that the 8 teams promoted from the step 7 leagues weren't as they should be.

They should be 2 from each step 7 league, i.e. 2 from the Northern Prem, 2 from the Isthmian Prem, 2 from the Southern Central Prem and 2 from the Southern South Prem.

It was actually made up of 2 from the Northern Prem (Lancaster, Stafford), 1 from the Isthmian Prem (Billericay), 3 from the Southern Central Prem (Tamworth, Hednesford, Mickleover) and 2 from the Southern South Prem (Truro, Chesham).

image.png.e99504d839037d676c9693e5f1a988a2.png

Thanks,
    Andy

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I think I have seen in this in FM22. I believe Tier 7 is just pool of teams instead of individual divisions.

I had:
    Northern Premier League Premier: (0 Teams)
    Southern League Premier Central: (2 Teams) Basford United and Hednesford Town
    Southern League Premier South: (5 Teams) Gosport, Chesham United, Merthyr Town, Hendon and Truro City
    Isthmian League Premier: (1 Team) Lewes

Hmmm, just ran it again and the wrong teams selected - this time only 1 from the NLP and 3 from the Southern South.

I never noticed this last season but if you're right then it would surely cause a bigger issue down the line.  In your example, at least 5 teams (possibly 6 with Merthyr) would go into the Vanarama South and 2 into the North which would mean teams transferring from the South to North to balance the numbers.

Since this season we are running with a straightforward set of teams (8 down from Vanarama North/South and 8 up from step 7) it would seem much easier to promote 2 from the Isthmian and Southern South to the VNS and 2 from the NLP and Southern Central to the North.