• Transfer Deadline day in future years

T-IceMan
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Resolved

Description of issue

Not an issue per se, but a observation/hopeful question

If the summer Transfer Deadline day persists being 1 day (31st August) before all other leagues (due to a FA mistake) will persist throughout the game? Or will it be changed to the same date (1st September) as the other leagues (which will be the case in real life, it was just a error once)? Can of course holiday a year to see, but i really hope it'll be the same as the other leagues at future seasons....

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Well same date if thats 1st of sept.... It should be the same as all the other European leagues in future seasons, the first season should be a anomaly.

edit: England seems to be the outlier that now seems to have its Transfer Deadline end 1 day later then most other European leagues. English Clubs poaching players after everyone's deadline has closed is...  not ideal.

Edited by T-IceMan

@Sebastian Szlenkier

Germany has it on 31st of August... So maybe the Premier League actually needs its transfer deadline date to be brought in line with the rest of Europe?????

Here the dates for the next season ingame after holidaying:

NL (Same as Germany)

ends at 31st August 2023 (while should be the same as all other main european leagues)

England

Ends at 1st of September 2023

It should be the same in later seasons i'd say, so England needs to be brought in line with all the others?

Germany and Spain also get the 31st date... So England is actually a outlyer..... Maybe England is the one needing change? It would possibly the only league with it on 1st of Sept.

NL on top, ENG below (ingame after holidaying)

transferwindowNL.png

transferwindowENG.png

Edited by T-IceMan

@Sebastian Szlenkier

So yea..... just checked... Spain, Germany, Italy, NL (and maybe a bunch of other leagues) all have the summer window end at 31st of August ingame (even first season while they closed on 1st sept except NL), meawhile England stays at 1st of September....... Probably should be the same, at least in season after the 1st season..... Or does England stay being an outlier constantly. IRL those leagues had their deadline end at 1st of Sept (possibly only this year), but ingame they are 31st August like NL. So seems like it should at least all be the same?

Sry bout the tagging, but seems an important long term save thing :) . England having an extra day each summer window seems weird. The Sept 1st thing applies to all England leagues it seems (and maybe others too?).

Noticed it of course due to Dutch FA making the error to have it close 1 day early this year (31st instead of 1st sept), but it seems ingame except for England they all have that date (at least in the big leagues... Belgium is at sept 6th for some reason) instead of the 1st sept one (that i think was only for this year?) that they had in real life... So NL was right after all hahaha.

English Clubs poaching players after everyone's deadline has closed is...  not ideal. They just tried it to me already ingame haha. It looks to be an issue with all English leagues from what i can see.

Can post is in the English leagues issue places as well (since it seems to majorly English league to be the issue), but hope this thread is enough? (edit: ah see its been moved)

Edited by T-IceMan

In addition, i just got a media question at Deadline Day (NL, so 31st August) saying "is it harder to sell this player because the English deadline closes earlier?"... Meanwhile ingame it actually closes the following day on the 1st of Sept at 23.00.....

Also, French league seems to be at 1st of September too (so those clubs trying to buy my players after deadline day too).... And Belgian league is at 6th of September... Normally this would all be at the same date (aka August 31st), but for some reason this year it isnt in real life, and it persists throughout the entirety of the future of saves. While in real life generally European FA's will coördinate it with eachother. Also note that Germany/Spain/Italy all had their window end on 1st of sept this year, but ingame its set at 31st of August (which should be default for future seasons in my opinion). Meanwhile France/England have it on the 1st, Belgium on the 6th of September, etc.

There really should be parity througout europe in the game, especially after season 1, for the sake of continuity.

Seems like it needs a database wide look? Long term it will be an issue every summer transfer window. Potentially gamebreaking (in my opinion) because a lot of clubs wait with doing business till its Deadline Day (which means some nations like England/France/Belgium will be buying players later, completely unbalancing the transfer market in the game, which would never happen in real life. Or only once (this year).

Its always been fine in the game (since its always been 31st of August), but due to this year for some reason they decided on another date (1st sept) then usual, FM becomes wildly chaotic when it comes to all these different Transfer Deadline days for different leagues.

Edited by T-IceMan