• Champions league rules wrong!

Lukas27
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

How can this happen to a game like fm??

an italian match in CL round of last 16...Pretty poor! (Napoli VS Inter)

20221117202624_1.thumb.jpg.4363d350b445146a2dda8bee3a6b2c2e.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

vor 12 Stunden schrieb T-IceMan:

This is 2026 though so the new format. Possibly this "cnt play same nation" rule isnt there in the new round of 16 format.

Hey T-IceMan,

thanks for feedback. Well all I found on official site New format for Champions League post-2024: everything you need to know | UEFA Champions League | UEFA.com

is this regarding last 16.

Do the changes impact the knockout stages?

From the round of 16 onward, the competition will continue to follow its existing format of knockout rounds leading to the final staged at a neutral venue selected by UEFA.

I would say no changes means they cannot play against each other at this stage. 

The question is if that on the uefa website just talks about the knockout round format itself, or also the "cannot play eachother" thing (which i doubt, especially since there can be 6 teams from the same nation in the new CL, and possibly reach that round.. Which would be silly if they arnt allowed to play eachother).

Edited by T-IceMan

Am 29.11.2022 um 17:01 schrieb T-IceMan:

The question is if that on the uefa website just talks about the knockout round format itself, or also the "cannot play eachother" thing (which i doubt, especially since there can be 6 teams from the same nation in the new CL, and possibly reach that round.. Which would be silly if they arnt allowed to play eachother).

Why should that be silly?It's almost like today. Today you can have 5 teams from one country in the round of last 16. And they cannot play against each other. Now you don't have more (maybe maximum 1).

• Administrators

Our research into this has indicated that when it moves into the new format, teams can meet other teams from the same nation as early as the first knockout stage. That's why this is currently implemented in game.

Thanks.