• Euro Qualifiers: national team histories show team's finish in Overall Table rather than Group

CFuller
    • Public Status: Known Issue Files Uploaded: None

I have reported this issue for a couple of FMs now and am disappointed that it is still in the game.

When you are viewing a national team's competition histories, the European Championship Qualifiers results show where a team finished in the overall table, rather than where they finished in their group.

Table.png.c4c4ef0833c2ef659e170c5801222836.png

In this example from the Euro 2024 qualifiers, Belgium and Albania qualified from Group D in 1st and 2nd place respectively. Greece just failed to qualify in 3rd. These results are what should be reflected in their competition histories, but instead...

Belgium.png.2cc990fe544475abfa8b97540a3bda66.png

Albania.png.5b58d3346e2ff184cd06ad0ebf4b02e2.png

Greece.png.f84f534f9961ee994ad3edea64bfa67d.png

...the game is taking the positions from the 'overall table', which is absolutely irrelevant in terms of qualification. Albania DID NOT qualify for Euro 2024 because they finished 17th overall; they qualified because they finished 2nd in Group D.

I've also noticed that Belgium and Albania (amongst several other nations) don't have their Euro 2020 qualifying results in the database, though I realise this is more of a data issue. (And quite frankly, there are so many inconsistencies with national team histories throughout the FM database that I'm not sure if it's worth reporting them all.)

Anyway, I hope you take a look at this bug - and perhaps consider removing the Overall Table from the Euro Qualifiers completely, because I'm pretty confident it serves no meaningful purpose.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments