• [23.2.2] Young players with expired contracts

Sunstrikuuu
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Is it intended behavior and correct to reality for young players to fail to secure senior contracts with clubs, then remain at the club on month-to-month non-contracts even after the expiration of their contract?  I'm finding I have to pay compensation for a lot of players whose contracts have expired, including some who are planning to leave the club at the expiration of their contract.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Do you have a save file with any specific player examples where they stay on month to month contracts for an extended period of time? We’ll take a look if so. 

Save: Edward Parris - Vauxhall Motors.fm.  However, I think any of the saves I've uploaded will include players who meet this criteria; some have been on month-to-months since the end of the first in-game season.

If I'm not mistaken, Luke Daley at Matlock has been on a month-to-month for more than two full years despite being unhappy.  Iwan Pickward is 'intending to explore his options', but he's already on a month-to-month, and signing him will cost £5k in compensation.  Tafara Dube is about to enter his second year on a month-to-month; again, signing him will require compensation.  Noah Cooper, Jamie James, Ethan Goulding, Daniel Graham, James Davidson -- there are several.

Unless I'm reading the regulation wrongly, training compensation is not due when "the former club does not offer the player a contract" of "at least an equivalent value to the current contract".  

Update: I just uploaded a new save for another issue.  Edward Parris - Vauxhall Motors - Wage Budget.fm

In that save you can see several other players who have remained at their clubs on M2M contracts despite information otherwise.  Pickward is still intending to explore options on his month to month despite another season ending.

• SI Staff

Hello @Sunstrikuuu

Apologies for the late follow up on this.  We looked at your save but this isn't a bug because you are using a custom Data Base.

The players in question are playing in leagues we don't support so therefore we can't make any changes based on this.