• Forced to make transfer offer for free agent (Anders Trondsen)

semiki
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Under Review

Description of issue

I am forced to make a transfer offer for free agent Anders Trondsen before I can proceed with contract discussions. Since the player is a free agent, I am unable to make said transfer offer and therefore offer contract. As far as I can tell, this issue is specific to Trondsen somehow, and I was not able to replicate it with other free agents. Screenshot attached below, can provide the game file if needed.

Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 2.03.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 2.11.40 AM.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sounds good -- uploaded the save file as `trondsen_contract_bug.fm`. I also noticed that the reason for this behavior is probably caused by an "unavailable to play club football from XXX to XXX" label on the player that appears only on the player search screen, and not in the player screen itself (see screenshot below).

In light of this, this may not be a transfers/contracts bug after all. Two additional possibilities here:

• If there isn't an actual reason (e.g. FIFA ban etc.) that prevents Trondsen from playing club football, this is probably a data bug instead.
    • If there is an actual reason, then it is a UI bug since I should be able to see in the player screen that the player is unavailable. Additionally, I shouldn't see the "make transfer offer to players' team first" screen since the player is a free agent.

Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 7.36.53 PM.png