• Logical Contract Renewals

Badi Ekrem
    • Public Status: Need More Info Files Uploaded: None

I am managing Galatasaray and the finances are not so good. The most earning player in the team is Mertens and i need to either send him out or renew his contract for a cheaper price. I can't send him out because no other team wants to pay that wage. But when i want to renew the contract with a cheaper wage even when the player agrees the club doesnt allow more than a certain wage amount. Here let me show you what i mean:

Mertens gains around 556K € per month in Galatasaray as the important player. I start negotiations with the player and he agrees for around 250K € but the club doesnt give more than 110K €. Club related the contract limitations with the budget but it doesnt consider the current spending.  

If it was a new player, it might be understandable but it doesnt let me sign cheaper with a current player and achieve economic relief. 

This is a bug that is annoying. 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Sorry to say I don't believe this is a bug, it's the limits being put on the club an buy the club due to the financial situation they currently find themselves in. Yes you agreed to pay the player a lower wage than he is currently on. Good on you a lot of players get upset when you do that so all credit to your management of the player.

You can try and talk to the board about raising it, or move some transfer budget into wage to see they allow you to pay him more.

In real life I'm betting there would be a board interaction about exceptions and giving him the money you want to.

I've had similar happen in previous games (FM18/19/20/21 & 22) where I was unable to offer a player the wage he wanted to stay at or to come to my club.  

Respectfuly, i believe this is a bug or even if it's not it doesn't make any sense to me.

The club is in financial crisis. I am looking for any additional income (such as sending players out) or cutting the spendings. In that manner, it doesnt make sense for me to cut the wage of a player even he is OK with that. 

The game runs a mathematical equation att the background i know. I just believe that this equation should include the current holdings of the club. 

When i offer Mertens 250K while he is earning 550K, Mertens is fine with taht but the board sets the limit to 110K for the contract so i only can offer 110 K. Then Mertens doesnt accept and end of negotiations. Result: "I keep paying 550 K to the player while he was already OK with 250K"