• More nonsensical feedback

Weston
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

Why would a teenage fringe player for a team that just got relegated and accepted my offer for him refuse a transfer to the most successful club in Turkish history (while also being open to a loan move for some reason)? It just doesn't make sense and feels like an arbitrary roadblock to making signing wonderkids more difficult instead of a realistic simulation.

If he really just wants to continue his development there I should be able to sign him with a loan-back clause.

image.thumb.png.486c816b770f3d99a6e60f655862a5b3.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

In general there are so many unrealistic examples of small players from small clubs refusing to make big money moves to big clubs because they want to continue their development in a worse league with worse training facilities, even when I would give them considerable playing time or am willing to loan them back to their parent club for 1-2 years.

Here's another example. I don't know what I'm supposed to do to convince him - I've declared interest and watched him play to no effect. He wouldn't be able to join for a year due to being U18 anyway, and I would make him my starting keeper then or after a year loan-back if preferred. What is the rational for him not being interested?

image.thumb.png.d3d453621ec296e85eca4225e7651415.png

If it were just one player I'd believe it's personal preference, but this happens so frequently across the board.

To add to the original issue, Atalay says he's interested in a loan, but the loan button is grayed out for no discernible reason.

If I try to propose signing him but loaning him back so he can continue his development at his current club as desired, that option is grayed out too!

In addition to all of this, he's also reportedly unsettled, but still uninterested in a move...

Edited by Weston

Finally managed to offer to loan Atalay. His club will accept a low transfer fee for him, but he rejects it because he wants to develop at his current club. His club will accept a free loan with a fee twice as high baked in, and Atalay "would jump at the opportunity" to go to my club on loan.

Literally none of this makes sense. Instead of being owned by them and loaned to me where he won't play yet I want to sign him and loan him back so he can develop and play there, but I'm stuck doing the opposite just to have any sort of connection to him at all.

• Administrators

Appreciate the futher info, the thread will be linked to the report so we'll take all this on board - can only apologise nothing has been sorted yet.

Dombaz is another player that refuses to discuss a contract when his club accepts a transfer offer, which seems to be happening to much across the board, even if him wanting to stay at his current club makes a bit more sense than the other players in the other examples.

Besides the bug causing unrealistic responses, what is the intentional game mechanism for convincing players who want to continue their development elsewhere to join you instead?

What actions change their mind? Watching their games, speaking to the press, etc., like usual, or upgrading training facilities, winning trophies, etc.? Obviously not all of that applies in these situations where we are already stronger, but I'm just curious what is *meant* to be happening when applicable.

• SI Staff

Hello, your first example regarding loan interest compared to transfer interest will be investigated further.

However, we don't believe your second example to be a bug, young players will be less interested in clubs where they're unable to be registered due to their age.

6 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

However, we don't believe your second example to be a bug, young players will be less interested in clubs where they're unable to be registered due to their age.

I don't understand, who is unable to be registered due to their age? Atalay and Dombaz could play immediately, and Alexandrescu wouldn't join until he's 18 and able to be registered, so this wouldn't seem to apply to any of my targets.

Are you saying that players are now coded to routinely reject offers that have them join at a future date for some reason, and Alexandrescu is disinterested in joining my bigger club despite me watching every single one of his games and listing him as a top target simply because the move wouldn't go through until he's 18?

Edited by Weston

Atalay and Dombaz eventually agreed to join, but Alexandrescu went to Inter. Still very unclear as to what changed and why because none of the feedback really makes sense...