• Only able to offer Non-Contract deals

GingerNutDoodles
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I am playing as Torslanda IK in Swedish Second Division North Gotaland.

Since winning the Title on 23rd Sept 2023 - I have only been able to offer non-contracts to players. The 'Contract Type' dropdown / field does not appear in the contract negotiation page for players. 

There have been no changes to the club's professional status. The wage budget has been increased and I am well within this.
    This issue is only affecting Torslanda - removing and adding a new manager to the same club, results in the same scenario. Adding a manager to another team in league allows me to offer contracts as normal.  

Screenshots included to show current Contract Negotiation page (1031) and previous Contract Negotiation page (1032). 

Save game from before issue- 22nd Sept 2023 
    Save game showing error - 23rd Sept 2023 

To replicate -
    Play game on 23 Sept 23. Win the game and become champions. Budgets set for next season and error reproduces.

Screenshot (1031).png

Screenshot (1032).png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm seeing this exact behavior on getting promoted from Swedish Division 2 with Kvarnsveden IK.

Uploaded to ownCloud:
    "BullDozzer - Contract-Type Bug.fm"

As further information, as well as some information for anyone else having this issue;

I can select contract types again once the season ticks over. So on 25th of december, I get the score summary screen, and "Competitions" shows Division 1 (the division I advanced to) instead of Division 2/qualifications. And once I'm into 2023 season, and "officially" in division 1, I can again select contract types.
    Don't know if it has anything to do with the weird playoff league that Division 2 has? Maybe the contract rules for division 2 playoff means they don't allow part time/full time contracts so while we get stuck in the playoff league, we cannot offer real contracts? But that's just speculation of course, there's clearly something to do with the "in-between"-time between divisions at least.