• Player in my own country doesn't want to relocate

Weston
    • Public Status: Resolved Files Uploaded: None

Getting this message for a few players already based in my same nation but tell me that I can't convince them to "relocate."

image.thumb.png.8ba6a9a0d66a2b4c0f485d0c279c6780.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

What's crazy is there are many free agent teenagers telling me this when I have so much money in the wage budget, more than enough to sign even exorbitant demands from them. See VPS dec.

I just added 100,000,000 to my bank balance and wage budget and still mediocre Finnish players based in Finland are telling me that my Finnish club doesn't have the financial package available to convince them to "relocate."

Meanwhile, even when completely scouted, the estimated wage demands show as "N/A," so I can't even use that number to set their wage if I were to use the editor to move them to my team.

Can you please tell me what I can do to workaround this bug? It's making it very, very difficult to sign players...

image.thumb.png.586ee3d8037b47087f5c14521324dd2e.png

See "VPS test."

Edited by Weston

• Administrators

We're exploring this save now to investigate why it's happening in this instance.

We don't have a workaround yet, but if you have the names of further players you encounter this with it'll be really useful when testing this as we haven't found too many examples just yet.

3 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

We're exploring this save now to investigate why it's happening in this instance.

We don't have a workaround yet, but if you have the names of further players you encounter this with it'll be really useful when testing this as we haven't found too many examples just yet.

It feels like it's happening all the time - here is an incomplete list:

• Miika Koskela
    • Otso Liimatta
    • Moshtagh Yaghoubi
    • Sebastian Dahlstrom
    • Thomas Makinen
    • Ville Sarkka
    • Elias Eriksson
    • Tony Miettinen

For the last two, they're nothing special and got signed on 0 contracts and/or had no other clubs interested, so I used the editor to move them to my club where I pay them, as my attempt at a realistic workaround.

I would really like to sign Yaghoubi, who is a bit better, and no other clubs are interested. I would like to use the editor to sign him as a workaround since it seems this reason that he is not interested is a bug (vs, say, Arttu Hoskonen, who just says he is not interested in general). But because of the concurrent bug where, despite scouting him 100%, there is still no wage demand estimate, I don't know what his contract should be.

Can you let me know what a fair contract for him would be based on what you see on the backend, and then I'll give him that? The editor gives him 21k which seems a bit on the lower side, but I don't know. Guess I'll put 30k for now since he was on 29k before.

I won't do this for Koskela, because other clubs are interested, so I wouldn't know if he would pick me regardless.

Edited by Weston

Update - Koskela's agent told me he would accept 40-60k, which I can pay.

So I tried to negotiate with him again. Despite this, he wouldn't even talk to me...

image.png.19bc9f08561a631caf1b6ce4ce66de0b.png

...and then went to another club's reserve team for less than I would've paid him!

image.thumb.png.fe30966af7b77d6a5ac66e5f22ab6bc7.png

I was able to get him to join on loan after as well, proving that he's not opposed to playing for my team in my league.

Edited by Weston

Update - Hoskonen has switched from not being interested under any circumstances to, like the others, thinking I can't pay him enough to relocate, even though he's already here in Finland and I have more than enough wage budget to sign him.

image.thumb.png.3a759452653f304b3844827bbcd1f5ea.png

@Kyle BrownAre you able to see what salary range he would want if I could get past the bug that blocks negotiations from taking place? See save "VPS may."

To confirm, is the bug that the player is shown as disinterested for a reason that doesn't make sense, so they're actually interested? Or are they truly disinterested, and just the wrong explanation for why is appearing? Because this would determine if I should use the editor as a workaround to sign them in the first place or not, before I ask what the wage should be that I use the editor to give them.

In general it seems that there's a real problem with players unrealistically not wanting to enter into contract negotiations for no discernible reason. I've never seen it this bad across the board, regardless of what the reason is. See this adjacent example:

Now my own player doesn't want to renew because he doesn't think I can afford him, even though I have plenty of money in the wage budget...

image.thumb.png.9c8d1a204f741aa10db00758d36bedfc.png

On 26/01/2023 at 07:20, Kyle Brown said:

Not a relocation issue, but another teenager on a 0 contract says he would be interested in joining but doesn't think I can afford him. This is so tiring, I can barely sign anyone because of it...

See save "vps feb."

image.thumb.png.1ed43c41fa8c63a85b9c6a4d598c0580.png

image.thumb.png.dcdfc6fe7c29014a86ed403e88a1e8d5.png

What am I supposed to?

• Administrators

Believe this has now been resolved in a previous update, thank you for your patience. Do let us know if you spot anything similar.