• Release clause issue

Weston
    • Files Uploaded: None Public Status: Info Provided

Description of issue

Once the agent accepts the offer you are suddenly able to alter the non-negotiable release clause that you couldn't change before.

This shouldn't be possible, but also I think it's kind of absurd that the club going to offer a contract to the agent doesn't get the first option to say you're not open to doing a release clause - why does the agent get to set these parameters for something you're bringing to them before you can touch them in the first place?

image.thumb.png.7fcd19a43b5dd9eb99089da07f885c9d.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

• Administrators

Don’t believe this is a bug. 
    In the save attached, the release clause is semi negotiable so you can change this after agreeing a deal and before finalising terms. But the agent will demand you reinstate the initial agreed amount - which is working as intended.

4 hours ago, Kyle Brown said:

Don’t believe this is a bug. 
    In the save attached, the release clause is semi negotiable so you can change this after agreeing a deal and before finalising terms. But the agent will demand you reinstate the initial agreed amount - which is working as intended.

It's been a while now, but if I recall correctly, I think it was red, not orange, and I was able to increase it quite a bit without any pushback whatsoever once we'd agreed, whereas it was unclickable during the actual negotiations.

Now I'm opening renewal negotiations with this player specifically to remove his release clause. I get the agent to agree not to have anything non-negotiable...

image.thumb.png.c7fc5c0f6a9146aaadc726d1d6c1013f.png

...yet there is a non-negotiable release clause I can't remove, which defeats the entire purpose. In fact, the max limit is actually LOWER than it was before!

image.thumb.png.c29347593b88303cf4bea5b79ff7275c.png

I even reloaded and tried again with excluding the stepping stone promise that includes the release clause, and it's still there, non-negotiable.

Realistically, I am coming to him with the renewal offer, if anyone can start talks with something off the table it should be me, so it's frustrating that 1) the agent's promise is not respected by the AI and 2) my hands are tied unrealistically. How can I present a renewal offer to him with a higher release clause?

See save "vps feb iiii.fm."

Edited by Weston