• Release Clause Not Activating

janrzm
    • Public Status: Info Provided Files Uploaded: None

Seems to be a bug.

I am playing as Anderlecht, won the title and therefore qualified for the Champions League Champions Playoff Path.

Trying to sign a player with a release clause who plays in the Croatian 1st tier. The release clause is - "Clubs in a continental competition"

It looks to me like the game isn't seeing me as being in a competition, possibly because I could end up in the Champions League proper or the Europa League, so it's put me in limbo when it should be seeing me as in a continental competition regardless? 

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

@Zachary Whyte Thanks for the reply. Uploaded as - Anderlecht - release clause issue.fm

The player I'm attempting to sign is - Lukas Kacavenda 

Edited by janrzm

I think I'm correct in what I said. I advance the game to the 7/08/23 which is the date for the Champions League Playoff Path draw and once that's done his clause becomes active. To my mind we are in a continental competition the moment we qualify at the end of the previous season and these clauses should be active at that point?

I've set aside another save on that date in case you need it. 

Edited by janrzm

• SI Staff

Hello @janrzm

The reason you can't activate the release clause of Lukas Kacavenda is because NK Lokomotiva are also in a European Competition. (The Europa Conference League)

So you would be able to activate the clause if NK Lokomotiva are not in a European Competition and you are.

14 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @janrzm

The reason you can't activate the release clause of Lukas Kacavenda is because NK Lokomotiva are also in a European Competition. (The Europa Conference League)

So you would be able to activate the clause if NK Lokomotiva are not in a European Competition and you are.

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me on this @Zachary Whyte I've played this game since the 1992 and I had no idea that was the mechanism.......cheers.

Edited by janrzm