• Too many young players become complacent after signing a "lucrative" contract.

drittbil
    • Public Status: Under Review Files Uploaded: None

I love developing home grown talent but I have been seriously frustrated in FM23 by the regularity at which my young hopefuls become complacent after signing new contracts.

My current save is with a very, very lowly team and my players are becoming complacent after signing "lucrative" zero-appearance-fee non-contracts!

I can accept that in the real world some players do get ahead of themselves, but I find almost 50% of my good prospects have this problem. I would also say that the penalty is massive when it affects their work rate and focus, as it lowers their ceiling significantly.

I don't expect this will be fixed in FM23, but can I please send "thoughts and prayers" that FM24 dials this back a bit? Pretty please?

image.thumb.png.76e567ecb199dea2da5356a77d3188bb.png

image.thumb.png.a9910d29c9f10bb96f075d6efbdfaeb7.png

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

At the moment I am using an edited database with many more levels in the norwegian league system, but I have seen this issue very frequently in other normal DB saves.

Turns out my game file is 90MB which is too large for upload :-(

On 22/06/2023 at 12:19, Zachary Whyte said:

You can upload your save to our cloud here - https://oc.sigames.com/owncloud/index.php/s/Kzvhd0MdU3v4Nv4

Just tell us the name of the file once uploaded. :) 

Uploaded with name = "Brandr Aurdal - Try - Sadeh complacent.fm"

Hope this is tuned in the FM24, even if it isn't patched in FM23, because developing your own is so time-consuming that these frequent complacency events really hit my motivation to keep playing.

Sadeh has already gone complacent, and Hammond Moe is just about to. (He signed a new zero-value contract shortly after the save point and went complacent as well)