• Problem with Greek translation

mitsoli_g4
    • Public Status: Open Files Uploaded: None

There is a problem in translation in Greek language. There are problems inside the game menu, inside the team names, tactics and generally, many phrases are not translated in Greek. Instead, they remain in English.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I have got the same problem with translation. more specific greek team names ,greek players and every new added feature is still in english language.  

For me its the same but from the other side. I play in english but greek teams, greek players media description, positions and other stuff are in greek instead of english

• SI Staff
    14 hours ago, quadrifoglio said:

For me its the same but from the other side. I play in english but greek teams, greek players media description, positions and other stuff are in greek instead of english

can you go to Preferences -> Advanced -> General. then make sure your Data Language Preferences are in the correct language? Thanks for flagging this

22 hours ago, Brian Stapleton said:

can you go to Preferences -> Advanced -> General. then make sure your Data Language Preferences are in the correct language? Thanks for flagging this

Wow thanks a lot. I play the game from 2001-2002 and i still learn something new every day about the preferences.

Maybe its the same for @ntelone or @mitsoli_g4

@ntelone @mitsoli_g4 check this if it can help (im greek btw) go to Preferences -> Advanced -> General->Data Language Preferences and check if greek is selected in all lines. For you to have greek in all translations check greek in every box ( i play the opposite way )

The pic below was preset for me. I even changed steam to english from greek cause i thought that was the case.

Now that i changed the data language to english all seems fine to me.

image.thumb.png.6f88bb36347aa5d1deaf2579d08efd22.png

Edited by quadrifoglio

• SI Staff
    20 hours ago, ntelone said:

@quadrifoglio i followed ur advice and changed the data language preferences to greek and it corrected most of it except of team names which remain in english! 

Yes that is correct, team names and player names won't be in Greek  (apart from Greek teams and players, I think)

On 04/11/2022 at 19:24, Brian Stapleton said:

Yes that is correct, team names and player names won't be in Greek  (apart from Greek teams and players, I think)

Yes that is my point . greek team names are still in english for me! 

9 hours ago, Brian Stapleton said:

It looks like you are using a 3rd party pack, the issue probably comes from there

i guess you were right. reinstalling the game fixed the problem for me! Thanks for your time!

Edited by ntelone