When should a ...... retire?

Just a quick discussion, when should a certain player retire, and still be world class.

Ie.

Goalkeeper - When should they hang up there gloves in World Class football?

Central Defenders - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

Full Backs - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

Defensive Midfielders - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

Central Midfielders - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

Wingers - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

Attacking Midfielders - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

Target Men - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

Pacey Strikers - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

Thanks.

If there is already a thread please direct me, Tah.

Jack.

I'd never put a set age on when a player should retire, because some of them I keep for mentoring/tutoring sake and others I move on because they no longer fit the requirements I need for my football.

I’d say the first sign when I consider perhaps a player should retire is about 33 years old, when I see that first mass red arrows I review the players future. But then I simply use the decline of a player to boost other stats so it has its advantages to keep a player as-well, while they might lose physical attributes they can actually improve technically and mentally so it really depends.

As a rough guide:

- Goalkeeper; 38

- Central Defenders; 35

- Full Backs; 34

- Defensive Midfielders; 36

- Central Midfielders; 35

- Wingers; 33/34

- Attacking Midfielders; 34

- Target Men; 35-36

- Pacey Strikers; 34/35

what are the actual effects of having a youngster tutored? I've never noticed anything...

You can improve a player’s determination, bravery and work rate. You can change that player’s personality in order for them to have a better personality so to speak. You can get players to learn PPM's that might be useful? If you use the role model option and it's successful you can change that players hidden attributes to match that persons mentor which can be hugely beneficial.

It really depend on how that particular players stats decline and his worthiness to the club after he retire. but averagely i would sell or retire the player by...

Goalkeeper - When should they hang up there gloves in World Class football?

35-37

Central Defenders - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

32-33

Full Backs - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

30-31

Defensive Midfielders - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

32-34

Central Midfielders - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

31-33

Wingers - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

29-31

Attacking Midfielders - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

30-32

Target Men - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

32-33

Pacey Strikers - When should they hang up there boots in World Class football?

31-32

I believe it simply depends on the player themselves. For example, there's games where David Beckham hangs on til around 40. Also, utility players can often play on longer in particular positions - you wouldn't play a 34-year-old as a fullback, but as a centreback, maybe.

Anyway

Keeper - 36-38

Centreback - 33-35

Fullback - 32-34

Centremids - 32-34

Wingers - 31-34

AtkMids - 31-34

Target Men - 32-35

Fast Striker - 32-34

Archived