4-1-2-2-1 awesome tactic

This thread should have more attention, I'm testing various tactics in holiday mode a season and checking which one get better results, and this one still got best results, keep up the good work gav1979

• 2 weeks later...

i try and use fast striker,again just basic attributes aslong as players are up to premier league standards 16 or above for the required attributes for there position,fast full backs yes and centre backs,hardworking central midfielders

thats about it mate,you trying this new tactic then,did you try the other one any more?

i gave it ago, it worked well, but going to try V2, is it better??

and will it work for pretty much any team??

and can you play a strong, tall striker without much pace???

and who is playmaker and target-man?

cheers/

tagetman is my striker and playmaker is the amc with the forward arrow,i have only tested with man utd,but other people have tested on here with other teams and they seem to be doing well,i suppose you could have a striker with less pahe and tall,if you do that maybe change target man supply to head could be worth trying out.

any more feedback people

I tried this in the last FM and I literally sweeped all before me. It was slightly different though;

1 SW, 3 CB, 1 DM, 2 CM, 2 AM, 1 ST

Looks like you were referring to 2 WG rather than 2 AM. My variation of this tactic was the following;

---GK

---SW

CB-CB-CB

---DM-

-CM-CM-

-AM-AM-

---ST

i have scrapped version 2 and 3 just sticking the proven version 1 but changed my sc to challenge gk on corners to try and get him more goals,so obviously now you would need a striker with good heading ability, oi are all mids wingers and strikers show to weaker foot and wingers and att mids close down,version 1 is good and does not need improving cos i feel you can not improve much any more

i have scrapped version 2 and 3 just sticking the proven version 1 but changed my sc to challenge gk on corners to try and get him more goals,so obviously now you would need a striker with good heading ability, oi are all mids wingers and strikers show to weaker foot and wingers and att mids close down,version 1 is good and does not need improving cos i feel you can not improve much any more

can you please edit your opening post, to just your version 1.

thank you.

cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna give this a go with my Nottingham Forest game. It's my third season in Prem, finished 8th last season and strengthened my team heavily in the summer, so I have a decent squad. It's currently half-way to the season and I'm sixth in the league, but I still haven't been very happy with my team's performance so far. Let's hope this helps.

Does this work away from home? So far I haven't seen a tactic that works away... consistently I mean. The game just won't let you get consistent results away from home, simple as that. If I find such tactic, I will be very happy.

Also, do you make any tweaks during the match, like when you are ahead by a goal and the opponent starts piling up the pressure? Or when you desperately need a goal? Or when you're playing away from home against stronger team?

Finally, how important is it to have the wingers swap positions? I do have two wingers who can do that perfectly - Henri Saivet and Ashley Young - as they can play on either wing - but all my other wingers are only right or left. I can re-train them yes, but that takes *ages* in this game.

I'll report back after a few matches and let you know how it's worked for me.

My first six games with this:

2:0 Everton A

4:0 Blackburn A

3:1 Chelsea H

3:1 Man City H

0:4 Tottenham A :S

So far so good, very good - expect for the last match! :O After the first four games I was gonna come here and praise this tactic as invincible, but I have no idea what just happened in that Tottenham game, absolutely shocking match as I was clear favourite pre-match.

But if we forget that one, it's been amazing so far. Let's hope that Tottenham match was just an exception that defines the rule... I'll report back later.

Edit: More results:

2:0 Portsmouth A

3:0 Sunderland A

4:2 Ipswich H

3:1 Stoke H

4:1 West Ham A

So all in all that's 9 wins and 1 loss. I've climbed to the 2nd place in the league and with 5 games to go and 4 points cap to the 1st place, I even have hopes for the title now. This tactic is AMAZING! Easily the best tactic I've tried for FM09, and I've tried a lot of them. I don't know which I should be more happy about - the fact that I beat both Man City and Chelsea, or the fact that I'm finally winning away games.

Oh and what I also like about this tactic is that it's finally a tactic that let's your striker score goals - after I started using this, Javier Saviola has scored 9 goals in 8 league games (11 goals in 10 games with FA Cup games included)! :D Before that he had scored 7 in 23 in the league.

You, sir, are a genius.

*sigh*, just lost my second game with this - and again against Tottenham. What the **** is it with ****ing Tottenham?! Again they dominated me, lost 1-3. It was FA Cup semi final so I'm gutted. It was like one of those away games where your players just forget how to play ****ing football - it wasn't an away game really obviously as it was at Wembley, but I guess they've been too lazy to program neutral matches in the game, so as my name came second in the match (Tottenham - Nottm Forest), my players thought it was an away game and played ****............

ANyway, not saying anything bad about this tactic, just had to rant a bit, this tactic is still amazing (expect against Tottenham it seems).

Edit: End of the season didn't go as well, here are the rest of the results:

1:1 Aston Villa A

1:3 Tottenham "N" (A)

2:0 QPR H

1:2 Liverpool A

2:3 ManU H

0:2 Arsenal A

So it's 10-1-5 in total. Disappointed that I started getting so much losses towards the end, but obviously I had a sick program at the end (Pool, ManU, Arse). ****ing gutted that I had been 2nd-3rd for some time now, but the **** ending to the season saw me dropping to 5th by goaldifference and out of CL. ****ing typical. Basically it suddenly turned into a **** season, as the top 4 finish was my main goal.

Still the best tactic for FM09 by far, will be interesting to see how next season goes as I get a couple of signings in the summer and play the whole season with this tactic.

yes sometimes there are teams that I never win, like Atletico Mineiro on Brazilian League, even tough I won arsenal twice and Real Madrid on world club championship, Atletico Mineiro is still harder lol

*sigh*, just lost my second game with this - and again against Tottenham. What the **** is it with ****ing Tottenham?! Again they dominated me, lost 1-3. It was FA Cup semi final so I'm gutted. It was like one of those away games where your players just forget how to play ****ing football - it wasn't an away game really obviously as it was at Wembley, but I guess they've been too lazy to program neutral matches in the game, so as my name came second in the match (Tottenham - Nottm Forest), my players thought it was an away game and played ****............

ANyway, not saying anything bad about this tactic, just had to rant a bit, this tactic is still amazing (expect against Tottenham it seems).

Edit: End of the season didn't go as well, here are the rest of the results:

1:1 Aston Villa A

1:3 Tottenham "N" (A)

2:0 QPR H

1:2 Liverpool A

2:3 ManU H

0:2 Arsenal A

So it's 10-1-5 in total. Disappointed that I started getting so much losses towards the end, but obviously I had a sick program at the end (Pool, ManU, Arse). ****ing gutted that I had been 2nd-3rd for some time now, but the **** ending to the season saw me dropping to 5th by goaldifference and out of CL. ****ing typical. Basically it suddenly turned into a **** season, as the top 4 finish was my main goal.

Still the best tactic for FM09 by far, will be interesting to see how next season goes as I get a couple of signings in the summer and play the whole season with this tactic.

hope next season goes better for you mate,works well with me for man united home and away,your defeats to man u and liverpool were not heavy defeats,just they maybe have stronger squads or something?when you lost games was the winning team dominating or was they unlucky defeats?

yes sometimes there are teams that I never win, like Atletico Mineiro on Brazilian League, even tough I won arsenal twice and Real Madrid on world club championship, Atletico Mineiro is still harder lol

you using this tactic all the time mate,hows it going if you are?

Thanks for the tactic, it's working well for me. Halfway through the season and I'm sitting at the top of the Serie A with recently promoted Catania.

The only concern I have is that my striker hardly scores, I've tried a fast striker, a strong striker, and one who is both fast and big/strong. They all have huge goal droughts :( . I tried lowering his CF but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Maybe it's just because my team hasn't gelled enough yet...

this tactic is brilliant for my team as well, Tottenham.

From Lose and Draw every match to Win 70% of the game. Really nice tactic.

Thanks !! Keep the effort

PSV, undefeaten.

thrashed Ajax and rangers so far.

Is a fantastic plug and play!

Thanks for the tactic, it's working well for me. Halfway through the season and I'm sitting at the top of the Serie A with recently promoted Catania.

The only concern I have is that my striker hardly scores, I've tried a fast striker, a strong striker, and one who is both fast and big/strong. They all have huge goal droughts :( . I tried lowering his CF but that doesn't seem to make a difference. Maybe it's just because my team hasn't gelled enough yet...

i have problem with striker scoring,the only solution i could think of that willhelp is if your striker isgood at heading,change him to chalenge gk on corners instead of the centre back,thibk that will help him notch a few more.

not triedit yet with peterboro,experimenting with the 4-4-2 with man utd now.

have you tried out my 4-4-2 corkey,if so how is it to you,played 15 games with peterboro did well unbeaten,so tried it with man utd,played 4 so far won 4,scored 12 conceded 6

have you tried out my 4-4-2 corkey,if so how is it to you,played 15 games with peterboro did well unbeaten,so tried it with man utd,played 4 so far won 4,scored 12 conceded 6

no haven't used it mate. I like this tactic ;)

no haven't used it mate. I like this tactic ;)

i did not feel comfortable with it with man utd,converted it in to another 4-1-2-2-1 see how it goes,think this will be hard to beat though,let you know how the new one goes mate,start a new season with it tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived