England : Upside Down

M0nk3yFac3

When England slipped, fell and ended upside down, the consequences were dramatic.

It was all of a sudden, the leagues just flipped upside down and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

A man that saw this atrocity cried “It was horrible, they were lying in first place in the premiership and then all of a sudden, the whole league system exploded! Now they are in the Blue Square North.”

According to the FA there is “No turning back now.” Further stating “That’s what the big clubs get for being big!”

---- ---- ---- ----

Welcome To England : Upside Down.

What is the aim of this?

The aim of England : Upside Down is to do what it says on the tin. Flip the teams at the top in the Premiership to those in the Blue Square North and South, whilst flipping those at the bottom to the top. And Yes, it is a downloadable database, that’s what I made it for primarily.

I am also looking to see how long it will take the clubs at the bottom get back to the top and how long it will take the new top clubs to get up to Premier League/Championship standard.

How is this done?

I have, rather than using reputation like most people to base a switch upon, I have simply used the starting game media prediction of the club, placing the lowest predicted club the highest.

In other words, teams such as Basingstoke (predicted 17th in the BSS) and Alferton (predicted 19th in the BSN) have been placed in the Premier League. Or, the worst teams play at the top, the best at the bottom.

The Premier League and The Championship:

The bottom 10 predicted teams from the BSN and bottom 10 predicted teams from the BSS will make up the Premier League. This leaves the top 10 teams from both the BSN and BSS, these therefore make up the Championship.

League One, League Two and the Blue Square Premier:

League One teams will simply swap with the Blue Square Premier teams and, due to the structure of the English leagues, League Two have not changed due to the league being the ‘middle league’ of them all.

The Blue Square North and South Divisions:

The Blue Square Divisions are made up from teams from the Championship and the Premier League. This is done relatively evenly, with 14 clubs from the Championship and 8 from the Premier League going to the South Division, whilst 12 from the Premier League and 10 from the Championship go to the North Division. Although the division is not equal, it has been done in this way as I have split the teams North and South. There was originally the idea to put the Premiership clubs and top two Championship clubs in the BSN and the rest in the BSS, but I preferred this way.

If there are any changes or recommendations you would like to make, please feel free to say and propose your ideas.

Welcome To Version 1.0 of the

England : Upside Down Database.

Version: 1.0

Date:26th, May, 2009

• The teams participating in the English leagues from the Premiership down to the Blue Square North/South have been flipped upside down, creating a whole new challenge.
  • Teams such as Basingstoke (predicted 17th in the BSS) and Alferton (predicted 19th in the BSN) have been placed in the Premier League whilst teams such as Arsenal (predicted 3rd) have been placed in the BSS.
  • Nothing other than team swaps have been introduced.

If you have any recommendations or suggestions to make, please inform me by replying to this thread or Pm’ing me.

Preview Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/sdpqwi.gif

Download HERE now!

Welcome To Version 1.0 of the

England : Upside Down Database.

Version: 1.0

Date:26th, May, 2009

• The teams participating in the English leagues from the Premiership down to the Blue Square North/South have been flipped upside down, creating a whole new challenge.
  • Teams such as Basingstoke (predicted 17th in the BSS) and Alferton (predicted 19th in the BSN) have been placed in the Premier League whilst teams such as Arsenal (predicted 3rd) have been placed in the BSS.
  • Nothing other than team swaps have been introduced.

If you have any recommendations or suggestions to make, please inform me by replying to this thread or Pm’ing me.

Preview Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/sdpqwi.gif

Download HERE now!

Any Suggestions on improvements or enhancements are welcomed.

Nice idea, but surely the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea etc will soon be selling all their players and I cannot see the likes of Ronaldo wanting to play non-league football. Plus they will suffer financially as they will have reduced gates and no tv money. Have you done a simulation to see what happens long term?

Yep I am sure this will happen and it was all part of the idea to see what would happen. but you have to also remember that they have good reserve players and on the whole, good training and youth setups so it will be interesting to see where it takes them. I am currently, as well as playing other games, holidaying to see what happens with the clubs

I have done this but only flipped the top 4 leagues.

I have also done the Spanish, Italian, French and German leagues, but where i did not do leagues like the Dutch and Turkish they dominate the champs league.

Surely this should be in the Challenges, Sign-Ups and Experiments forum?

This is a database that you can download and play for your own fun or whatever, thus meaning it should be here as I am not doing an experiment and giving the results out to everyone.

Archived