Logos for teams in Scotland don't work

electraguard

I have downloaded and installed logos for the teams in Scotland (Premier and lower levels). None of the logos show up in the game. I installed them in the same logos folders as others (which work). I have double/triple checked my folders and the Scotland folders are there and contain the config.xml file. I check the id's in the game against the id's for the logos and they match. I even load a new game to see if it would pick up this logos and it didn't.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks.

I have downloaded and installed logos for the teams in Scotland (Premier and lower levels). None of the logos show up in the game. I installed them in the same logos folders as others (which work). I have double/triple checked my folders and the Scotland folders are there and contain the config.xml file. I check the id's in the game against the id's for the logos and they match. I even load a new game to see if it would pick up this logos and it didn't.

Anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks.

Do the file names have capital letters, puncutation other than '-' or '_' or have spaces? If so, try removing those.

radestock - is your background selector fix (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=33896) compatible with FM09?

Please don't hijack someone else's thread with an off-topic personal request. It's very rude towards the OP when they have their own issues needig solving.

Next time ask in the appropriate thread and then as a last resort use the PM system if you don't get a reply.

It does work in FM09.

Sorry, I apologize radestock and electraguard.

Check that the logos are the correct dimensions (small = 25x18, normal = 180x180, background = 300x100). If you give us the link to the logo pack you have downloaded, it could provide us with more information on your problem.

Do the file names have capital letters, puncutation other than '-' or '_' or have spaces? If so, try removing those.

The file names are all lower case or numbers. No spaces or puncutation in most and those that do are '_'. The files are the correct sizes. The folder they are in did have a space in it's name which I removed but that didn't work either. Still no logos.

I thought it might be because I have these logos in a couple of different folders from all the various downloads I tried but I have other logos, e.g. English Premier, is more than one folder and they work.

This is frustrating and challenging and I appreciate your assistance.

Do you have more than one set of Scottish logo's? If you have more than one (from my experience) the game won't know which one to use so it won't load either. Try deleting the second set if you have more than one.

Can you post a screenie of your graphics folder please?

I'm wondering whether you have conflicting .xml files or logos. Are you sure that you don't have any other Scottish team logos as having more than one logos for each team is likely to have neither work and the default to be used in place. Also, check in your other config.xml files that the unique IDs for the Scottish teams aren't being used somewhere else as this may also stop it from working.

Do you have more than one set of Scottish logo's? If you have more than one (from my experience) the game won't know which one to use so it won't load either. Try deleting the second set if you have more than one.

Can you post a screenie of your graphics folder please?

Attached are shots of my graphics folder and my logos folder. Yes, I do have duplicates. I also have duplicates of other logos which work but I will try deleting the duplicate Scots (maybe the game doesn't like double Scots!). Would you recommend keeping the logos that have names or the ones that use the ID numbers?

I don't see a way to post the screen shots as part of this reply so I will post seperately.

Courtesy of dafuge:

How to Post a Screenshot

• While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).
  • Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image
  • Save the file as a JPEG
  • Upload the image to an image hosting website such as Photobucket
  • Post the direct Url to the image here.

How to Add Links

At the top of the forum, go to 'quick links' then 'edit options'. At the bottom, select 'enhanced interface' and save the changes. This will give you access to the extra posting tools that make it easier to post links. Once you've done this, highlight the word you wish to turn into a link, then use the link button (looks like a little globe) to paste in the direct Url to your screenshot.

Haha, that's a bit of a messy graphics folder! I would suggest putting them into a more organised system such as a folder for each nation. If you have graphics for more than one league in a nation, you could create separate folder for those (e.g 'premiership' and 'championship' within an 'english' folder). I also recommend having a folder for each club too as this would enable you to see if there are multiple folders for the same club and allow you to spot a conflicting graphic/config. Can I ask, what is in the 'pictures' folder in the main graphics folder, and also the 'clubs' folder in the 'logos' folder. That could be where your problem lies.

I'm wondering whether you have conflicting .xml files or logos. Are you sure that you don't have any other Scottish team logos as having more than one logos for each team is likely to have neither work and the default to be used in place. Also, check in your other config.xml files that the unique IDs for the Scottish teams aren't being used somewhere else as this may also stop it from working.

I found the logos in the Metallic folder as well as two others. I removed the two other folders, leaving the Metallic folder. Still no Scotland Premier League logos in the game.

Do a search for files with the same name as the logos you are trying to use.

Start a search by pressing 'Ctrl+F' when a folder is open or by clicking on Start->Search.

Then select 'All files and folders' and enter the name of one of the Scottish logos in the 'All or part of the file name:' box. For example, if one of the files is named 1569.png/1569.jpg (the unique ID for Celtic) search for '1569'. Select 'Local Hard Drives' as the 'Look in:' input.

If a file named 1569 comes and it isn't a logo that you want to use but is still a Celtic logo, look at the 'In Folder' column and then follow that file directory and you may find the conflicting logo pack.

Do a search for files with the same name as the logos you are trying to use.

Start a search by pressing 'Ctrl+F' when a folder is open or by clicking on Start->Search.

Then select 'All files and folders' and enter the name of one of the Scottish logos in the 'All or part of the file name:' box. For example, if one of the files is named 1569.png/1569.jpg (the unique ID for Celtic) search for '1569'. Select 'Local Hard Drives' as the 'Look in:' input.

If a file named 1569 comes and it isn't a logo that you want to use but is still a Celtic logo, look at the 'In Folder' column and then follow that file directory and you may find the conflicting logo pack.

That is basically what I did to find the duplicate logs. I moved all the folders with duplicate Scotland logos out of WSM 2009. I went back and search for 1569 in the logos folder and it came up twice, once in the Metlogos normal folder and small folder. This time I went back and searched all the WSM 2009 folders and did find a duplicate Metlogos folder in Graphics/Pictures. I move that out of WSM 2009, still not Scotland logos in game. I then went back and moved the sub folders out of Metlogos into the main logos folder but to no avail. still no logos. I look at the config.xml file in metlogos and it looks correct as it show all the logos, include the Scotland ones.

Archived