real madrid in fm 2010

kiwityke, I see that you have unresolved issues with Real Madrid, anyone in particular ? Oh wait, I'm almost certain, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt - you don't know anyone personally from Real Madrid, and never knew. Yet you seem to hate them with passion.

Not that I support what Franco did to Spain, but get over yourself - when Real Madrid supporters gloat about their club's prestige history, people say that "it's the past" - then again same people can't let go of the (dark) past, they just have to rub it in in any arguement.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Madrid will be no fun to manage, only when you first manage them you will realise that you will only be able to spend money on defenders as, the midfield and striking area will be too hard to improve.

After you win everything in the first season you will soon become bored and want a new challenge.

I cant wait for all the "I am the best manager ever" and I have just won everything in my first season, Please praise me, btw, I am managing Real Madrid" threads.

IRL, Madrid won't perform straight away, mainly down to the vast array of individual talent, who seek glory themselves, rather than simply pass the ball.

Its possible the team will need time to gel,

AssMan reports Kaka and Ronaldo are finding it diffcult blending in with the squad :D

kiwityke, I see that you have unresolved issues with Real Madrid, anyone in particular ? Oh wait, I'm almost certain, but I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt - you don't know anyone personally from Real Madrid, and never knew. Yet you seem to hate them with passion.

Not that I support what Franco did to Spain, but get over yourself - when Real Madrid supporters gloat about their club's prestige history, people say that "it's the past" - then again same people can't let go of the (dark) past, they just have to rub it in in any arguement.

All your replies seem to be argumentative, to anyone. There is a difference between supporting your team and being an arse who throws his toys anytime somebody may say something slightly negative about them.

If it were ambition, he'd ask to go to Barca.

He's going to Real because:

he's a fan, they'll treat him like a celebrity, it's warm, they'll pay him a load

I hate the man, but how does moving to the club your a fan of show a lack of ambition?

If I had the talents of CR, I'd still try and play for Liverpool, because they're who I support. Surely trying to win everything with a less sucessful club (of recent times) is showing more ambition then trying to win it with a club (Barca) that's just done the treble?

I hate the man, but how does moving to the club your a fan of show a lack of ambition?

If I had the talents of CR, I'd still try and play for Liverpool, because they're who I support. Surely trying to win everything with a less sucessful club (of recent times) is showing more ambition then trying to win it with a club (Barca) that's just done the treble?

I think its the money that has a lot of peoples backs up right now TBH, but then again if someone is willing to pay it then its not his fault.

He will be perfect for the spanish league anyway, its full of diving, cheating arrogant players anyway ;)

I think its the money that has a lot of peoples backs up right now TBH, but then again if someone is willing to pay it then its not his fault.

He will be perfect for the spanish league anyway, its full of diving, cheating arrogant players anyway ;)

Surely describing the Italian leagues?:p

Well, a mod can lock this up if it bothers anyone, the off-topic bit, I mean.

baker.simon,

I'm sorry, I can't just ignore posts like that, or pretend that I agree and be nice, sometimes there's no other way other than saying something and looking like an ass to others.

Also, I wouldn't say that his post is "slightly negative".

I sincerely hope that you're joking about "full of diving, cheating arrogant players", as they're pretty much in every league, don't forget where Cristiano Ronaldo come from.

Well, a mod can lock this up if it bothers anyone, the off-topic bit, I mean.

baker.simon,

I'm sorry, I can't just ignore posts like that, or pretend that I agree and be nice, sometimes there's no other way other than saying something and looking like an ass to others.

Also, I wouldn't say that his post is "slightly negative".

I sincerely hope that you're joking about "full of diving, cheating arrogant players", as they're pretty much in every league, don't forget where Cristiano Ronaldo come from.

Portugal. He came from Portugal.

Give it a rest, nobodys jealous of Madrid's 6-2 loss to Barcelona, everybody's complaining that Madrid are surely one of the DODGIEST clubs financially in the world. Blatter and Platini complain about English clubs huge debts but look at Madrid! Huge debts, serviced by 'deals' that magically wipe away debts and allow Madrid to go on unprecedented spending sprees (Galactios v.1) and ultimately win sweet fa. None of that in England, or indeed most of Europe. That is what people don't like Madrid for. And what do you care anyway? You live in Israel, go support a team in your country, not just the team that happens to be the most successful team ever.

Give it a rest, nobodys jealous of Madrid's 6-2 loss to Barcelona, everybody's complaining that Madrid are surely one of the DODGIEST clubs financially in the world. Blatter and Platini complain about English clubs huge debts but look at Madrid! Huge debts, serviced by 'deals' that magically wipe away debts and allow Madrid to go on unprecedented spending sprees (Galactios v.1) and ultimately win sweet fa. None of that in England, or indeed most of Europe. That is what people don't like Madrid for. And what do you care anyway? You live in Israel, go support a team in your country, not just the team that happens to be the most successful team ever.

Shh, he didnt like it when i mentioned Real Madrids finances in an earlier post :D

Shh, he didnt like it when i mentioned Real Madrids finances in an earlier post :D

Whoops, hadn't noticed that myself. ;) Can't believe he's going around saying 'you have no idea about Madrid's finances blah blah blah', as if he has some sort of insider knowledge of Madrid's business dealings

Whoops, hadn't noticed that myself. ;) Can't believe he's going around saying 'you have no idea about Madrid's finances blah blah blah', as if he has some sort of insider knowledge of Madrid's business dealings

I also said earlier there is a difference between supporting your team and being an arse everytime someone says something that may be slighty negative against the club.

I take it you have an inside knowledge of Real's finances ? Do tell.

Wow, that's low, questioning someone's support of their club.

I'll be sure to buy a season ticket for Dag & Red home matches next time I'm in England, then I'll be a real fan.

I'll be sure to buy a season ticket for Dag & Red home matches next time I'm in England, then I'll be a real fan.

Nobody is questioning your support, its your lack of being able to take other peoples views and responding in a way that seems to suggest you have no value of others opinion. Man Utd fans are the same, generally :D

Madrid need a badass manager (real life) to make all those super-egoed players play together. I dunno if SI can make them realistic for the next release.

edit: I dont really like Madrid because the club is run by ******* (the fans). They will have no success with a galactico 2.0 team (meh now theyll win everything)but they'll earn a lot of shirt sales in Japan (China/Malaysia/Kenya....).

Well, if they can't make the England team "realistic"...

Remember, we haven't actually seen how they'll play together. It's unlikely, but Ronaldo and Kaka could work together. If Si did code it so that they couldn't and it turned out they could, we'd be in trouble.

Originally Posted by baker.simon viewpost.gif

Surely describing the Italian leagues?:p

I dislike Real Madrid strongly, but what I dislike even more is comments like the above two. I wouldn't mind so much if the pair of you were fairly regular viewers of the respective countries football you've had a dig based on stereotype at, but I somehow doubt it.

The ignorance of the football of other countries by English fans is appalling.

real madrid is always a talking point before every season, real madrid will win this and that and no one will be able to stop them. But never seems to really happen, yes they always have very nice players on show but hardly ever anything to show for it.

I see them doing nicely in the league maybe another 2nd or 3rd and maybe getting through the group stages of the champs league but thats it really. Close but no cigar.

But we shall have to see whether they are a dominating force in world football or not they surely should be nice to watch going forward at least.

Never said I did mate, all I have stated are facts that are common knowledge

And yet no answer... curious

I think you've already established that you are a fan of Real (for some reason)

Anyway, what the hell is that last point about anyway? It's not about supporting a club in the country you are visiting, it is about supporting a club that is in your county, you know the one you were born in and live in, not a team from a different CONTINENT. Or are you spanish? Yes that must be it, you have a very spanish neme after all don't you Vadim

I dislike Real Madrid strongly, but what I dislike even more is comments like the above two. I wouldn't mind so much if the pair of you were fairly regular viewers of the respective countries football you've had a dig based on stereotype at, but I somehow doubt it.

The ignorance of the football of other countries by English fans is appalling.

Just to clarify, i actually watch a lot of spanish football on sky. Its a shame you doubt what people watch, especially when its readily available to watch in the UK with minimal effort.

Just to clarify, i actually watch a lot of spanish football on sky. Its a shame you doubt what people watch, especially when its readily available to watch in the UK with minimal effort.

OK, fair enough. I stand by my other comments though. Considering the diving, arrogant attitudes of some of the players in our domestic league, we're in no position to be having a go at other countries.

OK, fair enough. I stand by my other comments though. Considering the diving, arrogant attitudes of some of the players in our domestic league, we're in no position to be having a go at other countries.

To be honest mate, I am perfectly aware of all these Incidents in english football as well as foriegn leagues.

Suprised you didn't take my ":p" emoticon as a sign that I was engaging in banter.

You know it's bad when your last line of defence is requesting proof, from people that you know won't have it, of a well documented financial alliance between the government and Real. Would you request proof from World Soccer who have had many articles about this? On that note, I wonder why they weren't sued for libel ;) Seriously, it's quite embarrassing dude (you surpass it with your hilarious woman jibe though :rolleyes:).

Let's see, official EU investigation in the sale of our grounds and they found nothing wrong with the sale at all, or somebody on a messageboard making allegations of a "well documented" (but apparently none to be seen :D ) alliance between Madrid and the city....I think I'll go with the official investigation by an organization which would have loved to have fined us behind door number 1 please.

Wait, they win "sweet fa" yet you insinuate he's a gloryhound for supporting Madrid? Make up your mind. :D

Just an update, it seems Madrid funded the two major signings (130mil+) via a bank loan, and it also seems that a spanish government official (finance minister i believe) is less than happy about it.

His sentiments were (roughly) that during a time of economic downturn banks should be willing to lend to smaller clubs and businesses if they are willing to fund dead end loans to large footbally clubs with little chance of turning any realistic profit from it.

So it seems that Madrid have indeed used methods which gives them a serious advantage and are not open to all clubs. Not illegal by any means but also not very fair.

(just fyi this was reported in a well respected newspaper)

Every club is free to ask for loans, with the income Madrid makes per year banks will see their investment come back with more guarantee than loaning it to a smaller club. This is the free market at work.

That an opinion gets printed in a well respected newspaper doesn't make it fact, the contradiction where banks should supposedly loan money to smaller clubs (less money back guarantee) during these times instead of a multi million euro making machine that is Real Madrid, should raise question marks with every well thinking person.

Just an update, it seems Madrid funded the two major signings (130mil+) via a bank loan, and it also seems that a spanish government official (finance minister i believe) is less than happy about it.

His sentiments were (roughly) that during a time of economic downturn banks should be willing to lend to smaller clubs and businesses if they are willing to fund dead end loans to large footbally clubs with little chance of turning any realistic profit from it.

So it seems that Madrid have indeed used methods which gives them a serious advantage and are not open to all clubs. Not illegal by any means but also not very fair.

(just fyi this was reported in a well respected newspaper)

Yeah, read that for a few days ago. The irony is, the loan came from a catalonian bank.

Wait, they win "sweet fa" yet you insinuate he's a gloryhound for supporting Madrid? Make up your mind. :D

Oh great another one. Look I just want to know how you become a Madrid fan, when you live in Israel, don't have a spanish name, and have a domestic league of decent quality.

As for your point-won sweet fa in THE GALACTICO ERA, very successful IN THE DISTANT PAST. I assume his support began before the galactico era hence insinuating that he's a gloryhunter for beginning his support when they were successful. Nice try at being clever though, far more than vrisk has managed so far. It would be nice to see some responses to the post I made before this one, but I don't think you fanboys liked it too much.

1999-2000 wasn't really the Galactico era was it? Perez wasn't there (and the training ground hadn't been sold)

In the same period (don't really know when the Galactico era officially stopped so I'll assume it's when Perez left) Arsenal won 2 leagues (1 unbeaten) 3 FA cups and runners up in Champions league, on a fraction of Madrid's budget. I suppose it's not that they won nothing, it's more that they didn't win anything like what they should have. (btw still no rebuttal to my other post)

Anyway, I've had enough of this now. I didn't really set out with the intention of attacking Madrid, I don't really mind Madrid, I was sort of impressed by the build up of such a star studded team. It was more the whole 'our finances are not dodgy' view, which is just one eyed and ignorant. And don't give me the whole 'The EU said we were OK'. Well the EU is most likely corrupt as well, and whose a member of it? Spain, whose government did/do sort of help Madrid out. But like I said I'm done with this, if you want to make out your club as some pure, perfect incorruptable organization, fine, but don't spout it on here. I will be back if that rubbish continues

P.S 'arsenaled' oh no you found out my alleigance, which I was desperate to keep a secret

Every club is free to ask for loans, with the income Madrid makes per year banks will see their investment come back with more guarantee than loaning it to a smaller club. This is the free market at work.

That an opinion gets printed in a well respected newspaper doesn't make it fact, the contradiction where banks should supposedly loan money to smaller clubs (less money back guarantee) during these times instead of a multi million euro making machine that is Real Madrid, should raise question marks with every well thinking person.

Well first of all it seems like a pretty coherent article to me.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/16/real-madrid-loans-debt

And in another similar article (which i cant locate online) A spanish government official stated he wasnt happy with how the deals had been done.

Im not a financial type but to the best of my knowledge football clubs usually have to take out loans secured on their actual club identity (eg the club itself) and dont usually take out loans secured on individual players.

It creates inequality because it further divides the rich and poor, when you have teams (in spain) like Valencia who are broke and having to sell their best players then other teams who can just secured 150mill+ loans on players and negotiated via an important man who just happens to be not only the club president but also a very powerful financial force.

People moaned about Abramovich but these loans are even worse. At least RA gave the money to chelsea from his own pocket via unconditional loans.

Also as that article clearly states they are in 500mill debt (which you said they werent)

Only a buffoon would suggest that in todays climate loans of this nature to big clubs for single players aren't obscene.

As an aside i couldnt personally care less about Madrid, I believe they will still be the same fractured poor performers and will still lose to Barcelona anyway.

1999-2000 wasn't really the Galactico era was it? Perez wasn't there

They've won those prizes I mentioned with Perez as their president.

In the same period (don't really know when the Galactico era officially stopped so I'll assume it's when Perez left) Arsenal won 2 leagues (1 unbeaten) 3 FA cups and runners up in Champions league, on a fraction of Madrid's budget. I suppose it's not that they won nothing, it's more that they didn't win anything like what they should have. (btw still no rebuttal to my other post)

1) It's a sign of a loser team to count losing a final as a "win" :D however I was talking about Arsenal in the last few years though, not sure why you would bring up prizes they've won in the past but meh.

2) Maybe you should quote your own post again so I know what you're talking about.

And don't give me the whole 'The EU said we were OK'. Well the EU is most likely corrupt as well, and whose a member of it? Spain, whose government did/do sort of help Madrid out.

I wouldn't want somebody to bring up undeniable proof that what I was spouting was nonsense either. :D If the EU is so corrupt they would be even more inclined to have fined us, as every fine goes directly to the EU nations. Not exactly helping your argument.

P.S 'arsenaled' oh no you found out my alleigance, which I was desperate to keep a secret

Actually I just brought them up because they won didly a half decade or so.

Perez becam president in July 2000. Madrid won the CL 1999-2000, I presume the final was before July.

Maybe Perez gave them more than what they could have got through fining Madrid. Don't know, but there are many manifestations of corruption.

No mention of Real and Arsenal's incomparable budgets. Also, in the season we got to the Final who did we play in the run up to the final. Oh yes Real Madrid. Who we lost to. Oh no wait the 'loser' team won didn't they. (Lucky in the 2nd leg though)

Which half decade?

Can't be bothered to post it again, or quote it. Read it/ don't read it, not bothered.

Well first of all it seems like a pretty coherent article to me.....yadda yadda..........

Long story short, do you think it's logical for banks to loan money to enterprises of which they aren't even sure if they get their money back much less make money from it as opposed to the opposite? If so, please never work at my bank :D, if not why are you even bringing this up as if Real Madrid did something 'wrong' when it's just a banks doing what they have always been doing.

Also as that article clearly states they are in 500mill debt (which you said they werent)

Please show me where I did. Madrid have a debt as most enterprises do, but it's a manageable debt. Kaka will make the club an extra (note: extra) 60 something million a year according to an independant research on the transfer. Now you can add Ronaldo as well. Madrid aren't paying these high transfers only because these players can kick a ball. Beckham alone already made the club more than 300 million euros during his stay here.

Only a buffoon would suggest that in todays climate loans of this nature to big clubs for single players aren't obscene.

Tsk tsk, namecalling? Wether it's for one player or not, a bank looks at it financially: will they get their money back and will they make money, both are guarentees at Madrid. I'm pretty sure I don't want you anywhere near my bank now though, letting personal feelings instead of common sense rule your judgement.

Perez becam president in July 2000. Madrid won the CL 1999-2000, I presume the final was before July.

Real Madrid won the CL in 2001/2002. Don't know if that was before or after July, but it doesn't really matter now does it.

Maybe Perez gave them more than what they could have got through fining Madrid. Don't know, but there are many manifestations of corruption.

Perez gave them MORE than he would have needed giving them than if we were fined? Wouldn't he just let them fine Madrid then and save the money? I'm wondering how far you will go with reaching when there's proof showing the contrary....ooh, maybe you'll involve aliens with your next try. :D

Which half decade?

The last 5 years or so, I saw that they didn't win the league. I'm 100% sure they didn't win the CL either, as it's... well ...Arsenal.

Long story short, do you think it's logical for banks to loan money to enterprises of which they aren't even sure if they get their money back much less make money from it as opposed to the opposite? If so, please never work at my bank :D, if not why are you even bringing this up as if Real Madrid did something 'wrong' when it's just a banks doing what they have always been doing.

Please show me where I did. Madrid have a debt as most enterprises do, but it's a manageable debt. Kaka will make the club an extra (note: extra) 60 something million a year according to an independant research on the transfer. Now you can add Ronaldo as well. Madrid aren't paying these high transfers only because these players can kick a ball. Beckham alone already made the club more than 300 million euros during his stay here.

Tsk tsk, namecalling? Wether it's for one player or not, a bank looks at it financially: will they get their money back and will they make money, both are guarentees at Madrid. I'm pretty sure I don't want you anywhere near my bank now though, letting personal feelings instead of common sense rule your judgement.

Your argument about banks looking at this and that, financially, and gauging if they can make money etc is fatally flawed....

How many banks worldwide have gone bust in the past 18 months? A lot of it was down to greed, and gauging if they can make money!

Your argument about banks looking at this and that, financially, and gauging if they can make money etc is fatally flawed....

How many banks worldwide have gone bust in the past 18 months? A lot of it was down to greed, and gauging if they can make money!

So how much money is to be made by investing in a small club? That was the point being discussed. You saying banks are in it for the money, only helps my argument as thus it would make more sense to loan to Madrid. Thanks for that.

Archived